Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa for parents i94 and stamping

Hi,

I changed my company and I got my new i797 approved. My current i94 is till may 2014 and my new i797 till 2016 may. I cannot travel to India.
    So can I bring my parents? my concern is i94 will not be valid for the entire period of their stay here. will that cause any issues at US consulate India?
    or should I get my i94 by travelling to Canada or UK? is it possible for a H1B transfer or extn to be stamped in Canada? If I can go to Canada should I need a visa to enter and how long for my visa to be stamped in Canada or UK?

Many Thanks,

Look at the bottom of the new approval notice, isn't there an I-94 at the bottom? That is your I-94 from now on. If I-94 is not valid you yourself won't be allowed to stay in the US, forget about inviting your parents.
    Assuming the I-94 at the bottom of the approval notice is valid, your parents can certainly apply for their Visa and you can pay for their trip.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Hi,

I was wondering if US consulate India will be looking at the copy of the visa stamp in our passport when issuing visa for our parents. The date in the present i94 in passport) and i797 will be different. is that ok.

Comment

Visitor visa application is made by your parents. The consulate will focus more on their own situation (what kind of ties they have to their home country). It is generally expected that the person they are visiting in the US is in legal status and sometimes the consulate will check that. The I-94 on your approval notice is sufficient to prove that.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. Many thanks. I was also wondering about the visa to Canada and its probability of success there.

Comment

Query regarding Visa interview for parents

HI,

My parents have scheduled Visa interview in India for B2 (Visitor Category)

They are sponsoring themselves.

We need to send proof of legal status for me, since I was added as a contact person in USA for them

I am in a process of Status transfer from H1B to H4 visa and I have received H4 Receipt Notice from USCIS.

My question is , which Visa status I need to send (Is it H4 Reciept Notice or last H1B 797 form) ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X