Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa Re-entry - Need advice

Hello there,

I need some advice from you. My mother has a 10-year multiple entry visitor visa expiring in 2015. She has been visiting the US (my sibling also stays here) for the past several years, but NOT once has she overstayed. And she has always made subsequent visits after at least a 6 month gap from her previous date of leaving the US.

Right now, I am pregnant and expecting a baby in Feb. I want her to come back to the US sometime during the last week of December. She last stayed here from Feb 2013 - August 2013. She left the US on August 13, 2013, so it still not 6 months since she last left the US. I know it is not legally required to stay away from the US for 6 months before re-entering. But will she have any trouble at port of entry? Will the immigration officials think that she is visiting too often and question her? I dont want a situation where she doesn't get her I-94 stamped for 6 months! She will arrive in EWR or JFK airport. I don't know how strict they are over there!

Please advise. Below are the previous trips she has made in this visa, again never overstayed!

2005 - 5 months
    2008 - 6 months
    2009 - 6 months
    2011 - 6 months
    2012 - 6 months
    2013 - 6 months

Thanks for all your help!

a 4 month interval after a 6 month stay .. actually it all depends on the officer(s) . Some are lenient may let her in for full 6 months
    others may her question her and grant her a shorter stay like 3 months.it is very unlikely they will send her back but likelihood of a shorter stay than 6 mon ths is there. No one can predict or control what will happen so all she can do is answer well when they question her the purpose and duration.

Comment

Visitor Visa Re-entry - Need advice

I think they will let her in but the always question why your coming to the US, I got a 2 year B1/B2 visa last year and I always come to the US every 2 month , I stay just 3 weeks on each trip and yet the ask question everything I come I was even stop and taken to a room and questioned for almost an hour cos my return ticket didn't reflect on their data base, they ask if I had return ticket I said yes thank God delta was right there at the airport cos the took me there to confirm if I had one like I said and delta said yes. That's when I knew they check everything ticket and if you checked in a bag etc, just tell her to be careful of what she's carrying and make sure you have your phone ready when she's coming incase they need to contact you and make sure she's coming to you. It doesn't matter how long she comes and go their are just suspicious of everyone.

Comment

Thank you!

Thank you for your responses and suggestions. We finally booked her tickets for the second week of Jan, which will be almost 5 months from leaving the last time. Keeping fingers crossed!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X