Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitors Visa Advice

Hi All,

I had my Visa interview last week and the visa was approved.

I had certain doubts which i want to clear - have posted them below -

1) If my visa is valid for 45 days - do i need to return in 45 days or can i travel on the 44th day as well of validity date?

2) If i have mentioned that i would be travelling to LA, however later plans change and i wish to enter at another port, would it be an issue?

3) What is the procedure at the Port of entry in USA?

Please let me know details of the above mentioned questions.

Thanks in advance!!

1. Visa does not determine how much you can stay. Stay will be granted at the port of entry. Yes you can enter on the last day of the visa validity and
    the stay given can go over your visa validity .

2. If there is no restrictive note ( annotation) on the visa , you can change the port. But beware that when you enter, the officer will have all the information
    about what you said at the interview in front of him. So do not deviate from your purpose and duration mentioned at the interview. If asked about the change of port, be ready with an explanation.

3.Port of entry; Primary inspection; the officer asks the purpose and duration . if you give them a satisfactory answer that comes within the scope of
    your visa type, they stamp your passport with your status ( B1 or B2) and date you can stay till. And you are through.

Secondary inspection; if your answer is vague/not within the scope of your visa/duration you mention is very long or you have a prior history of violations , overstays or the computer raises red flags from your name etc. you can be taken to another room and questioned thoroughly by another officer.

Comment

plz reply

What questions they ask u i will give my interview in next week.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X