Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Denied 214b for Parents and sister

Hi all,

I am a full time worker in an engineering firm in New York since Feb 2012. I was sponsoring a visitor visa for my parents and my sister for their visit to the US for 3 weeks in April. They had the interview today in Delhi and were denied for the visa with 214b. I am seeking some help on what document I can provide for the next interview to avoid the denial.

My dad has a full time job and he still has 7 years left for retirement. My sister gave CAT exam and was waiting for the results.

List of questions asked by the VO
    TO MY DAD
    - Job verification letter
    - Pay stubs
    TO MY MOM
    - What does she do?: Answer was housewife
    TO MY SISTER
    - What does she do (she replied what I wrote before)

Then the VO asked about me and my dad provided the VO with my letter of employment and pay stubs.

Then the VO took a few minutes and denied the visa. It says they are not about to convince the VO that they will return back to India.

I have only one sibling. My parents live in a joint family situation and they have strong ties with the family, but we dont have any documented proof of that.

My dad thinks that they were denied the visa because of the diplomatic row.

I don't know how to go ahead. Can someone please help me about what other documents I can provide the next time when they go for the interview?

Thanks
    Gaurav

More than your documents it is their own situation that affects their Visa application. I think what went against them was the fact that they all applied together, leaving your parents no reason to come back to India. What they can try next time is apply without your sister.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Such denials have been seen always, it is not because of the diplomatic row.

They were leaving no family ties behind, hence the denial. Family ties they consider are spouse and children only.

Your sister being young, single and without a job was a sitting duck for a denial. She should not have applied.

Other possible reason could be dad's low income;

Also,in the form who was mentioned as paying for the trip , you or dad?
      What is your dad's salary shown on pay stubs ( roughly)?

Comment

I was paying for the trip and my dad's pay stub shows his salary. He has a good stable job and I believe the salary is also good.

Comment

if he has good salary then he should have written 'self' not 'you' as the person paying for the trip.

Confirm what salary he has ; Rs. 10-12L/yr should be safe for self funding next time.

Comment

As far as I know, it is 7-8 L/year but we are from a small town and it is a good salary for that city.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X