Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 Visa Travel Help Needed - Urgent

Hello All,

My parents recently got the Visitor Visa B1/B2 after multiple attempts. The validity of visa is for 10 YEARS. Some people said that You HAVE To travel to USA within 6 months of getting the Visa approved. Is that Correct? Do they have to travel within 6 months or is it OK if they travel after a Year or two? Is there any set timeline?

Kindly reply as this is very important.
    Thank you very much for your time.

Originally posted by NeedHelpVisaB2 View Post
    Hello All,

My parents recently got the Visitor Visa B1/B2 after multiple attempts. The validity of visa is for 10 YEARS. Some people said that You HAVE To travel to USA within 6 months of getting the Visa approved. Is that Correct? Do they have to travel within 6 months or is it OK if they travel after a Year or two? Is there any set timeline?

Kindly reply as this is very important.
    Thank you very much for your time.
    There is no such rule.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

B1/B2 Visa Travel Help Needed - Urgent

They can travel anytime as long as the visa is valid, but why hurry in getting the visa when they can't travel now, just wondering .

Comment

I don't know who has spread this rumor originally. However, it seems that thousands of people have this misconception. They can travel at any time within the validity of their visa.

By the way, immigrant visa is valid for 6 months. Therefore, people must travel within 6 months of getting that visa as it would expire. May be, someone is confusing this one with visitors visa. But need to travel within the validity period of visa would be the case with any visa. If you have 6 months visa, no matter what type, you would have to travel within 6 months or it would expire.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X