Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vistor VISA for brother and his family

Hi,

I have been living in US for about 9 years now (currently on H-1B, GC in process). I would like to have my brother, sister-in-law and their two children (age of 14 & 18 years) visit us and stay with us for 4-5 weeks.

That said, I have following questions that I need help on:

i) Does it make any difference in terms of VISA approval whether my brother takes care of all the expenses or I sponsor their trip?

ii) We really prefer that my brother visits us with his entire family. So can having their kids travel with them, any ways reduce possibility of getting visitor VISA? On the plus side my other brothers and my parents will be India. Also, my brother runs our family business and owns some property.

Any help would be highly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Being working age with young family , your sponsorship will go against him.
    You should only send an invitation.
    His income will be a big deciding factor both as a funding source for the trip as well as
    a financial tie to India.
    For success he should show self funding and an income of at least 1L/mo.
    If his wife is also working, it will be another plus.
    All of them applying looks very natural so it is fine. And there is always a chance all of them
    will be approved. And If they want to deny the kids , they can do it even while approving parents.

Comment

Thank you for your help!

Yes, I am also leaning towards having all of them file together. Plus, I will have them take care of the expenses, I won't sponsor them. My brother runs our own business in India, so will stress on that. They are just coming for few weeks in kids' vacation time so let's see how it goes.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X