B1/B2 approved for parents - Chennai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 approved for parents - Chennai

My parents attended the interview on Sep 27 (appt. taken in Telugu; although my parents speak and understand english, I did not want them to go through the trouble of not understanding the American slang at times ), and were granted a visitor visa (10Yr multiple entry) I believe the interviewer just asked my Mom three questions.

* Consul: Who is in the US
    Mom: My son
    * Consul: How many children do you have
    Mom: Son and daughter (daughter in India)
    * Consul: Why didn't you go to the US with your last visitor visa
    Mom: We were busy with things in India and did not get a chance to visit US

The interviewer briefly glanced at the paperwork and returned it (you guessed it, I sent a letter to the consul officer, my employment letter, bank statement(s), proof of US citizenship, stock market statements, birth certificate, filled online application forms and I-134's for each parent) and asked my parents to pay the fees and expect to receive the passports in 2 days

Some background information: I am a USC and lived in the US for 16+ years, and invited my parents before in 2001 (they are jusy happy with me visiting India, and did not really want to come to USA for a visit all these years. After years and years of asking they finally decided to apply for the visa again). They used drop box the first time because they are qualified to do so (they received a six month visa multiple at the time).

Thanks to Immihelp and the helpful fillable I-134 documents provided on this website.
    Last edited by fitness99; 09-29-2005, 01:39 PM.

Congratulations!
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X