Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error in Submitted DS-160: Country/Region field

Hi there,

I had filled and submitted DS-160 for my Mother-in-law, where I specified the country/region of her home address as 'United States of America' instead of 'India' by mistake. The rest of the address fields were filled in correctly.

Since I have already paid the MRV fees using the submitted DS-160 confirmation# and scheduled the appointment for her, please let me know the best approach in this situation so that it does cause any problems during the interview or visa issue.

Appreciate your help!!

Thanks,
    RayHelios

Take an amended statement to the interview, describing the error and the need correction.

--Ray B

Originally posted by rayhelios View Post
    Hi there,

I had filled and submitted DS-160 for my Mother-in-law, where I specified the country/region of her home address as 'United States of America' instead of 'India' by mistake. The rest of the address fields were filled in correctly.

Since I have already paid the MRV fees using the submitted DS-160 confirmation# and scheduled the appointment for her, please let me know the best approach in this situation so that it does cause any problems during the interview or visa issue.

Appreciate your help!!

Thanks,
    RayHelios

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Take an amended statement to the interview, describing the error and the need correction.

--Ray B
      Thanks Ray B for the quick turnaround.

1) Is there an format you suggest for the amended statement?
      2) Would that be a letter to the VO or Whomever it may concern?
      3) Would that be a letter from me (who filled the application) or the applicant (mother in law)?
      3) Should my mother in law proactively tell the VO about the error or provide the statement only if the VO notices/askes a question about it?
      4) Should my mother in law mention about this error to the other staff interacting with her during the entire interview process other than the VO?

Thanks in advance for the details.

Comment

Since the mother-in-law is the applicant and legal originator of the DS-160, the amendment to the DS-160 is from her. It can be in the form of a simple affidavit, with no particular format other than a standard sworn statement which identifies the affiant, describes the error and explains the corrected information.

In my opinion, though volunteering new information can sometimes work against an applicant, mom would be justified in making her amendment a part of the record as soon before or during the interview as possible.

--Ray B

Thanks Ray B for the quick turnaround.

1) Is there an format you suggest for the amended statement?
        2) Would that be a letter to the VO or Whomever it may concern?
        3) Would that be a letter from me (who filled the application) or the applicant (mother in law)?
        3) Should my mother in law proactively tell the VO about the error or provide the statement only if the VO notices/askes a question about it?
        4) Should my mother in law mention about this error to the other staff interacting with her during the entire interview process other than the VO?

Thanks in advance for the details.

Comment

Hi there,

Appreciate your help!!

Thanks,
          RayHelios

Hi rayhelios,

I have made a similar mistakeon my parents application. I did not put the right country name in sponsors address. I have rest of the address correct. I was wondering if you would be able to let me know how her visa went. Did your mother in law get the visa?

I have booked the appointment for my parents and they also completed their appointment at VAC center. So I cannot make any changes at this point.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X