Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help......Visitor visa for Brother

Hi,

Myself and my husband are US Citizens and I want to apply for a Visitor visa for my own brother who lives in India. I have started working since 3 months and my contract will end by this month end. My husband worked as full time employee for a company for the last 7 years and now in January he joined a new company which is again a full time permanent job.

So my question is:

1. Should my husband send the sponsor letter for my brother because my husband has a full time permanent job?
    2. Or Should I send the sponsor letter for my brother because I am his blood relation?

Please suggest me which is the best option for sponsoring visitor visa for my brother.

Few more questiions:
    3. Since my husband joined a new company just this month , should he still provide pay stubs for the last 6 months?

Thanks ,
    DG

Sponsorship for a working age person is not a good idea. It actually tells the officer the applicant cannot afford the trip himself , which is a reason for denial.
    If he wants to succeed in getting the visa, he should be able to show self funding showing strong income .

If he can show self funding, you only need to send an invite and a copy of your US passport.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      Sponsorship for a working age person is not a good idea. It actually tells the officer the applicant cannot afford the trip himself , which is a reason for denial.
      If he wants to succeed in getting the visa, he should be able to show self funding showing strong income .

If he can show self funding, you only need to send an invite and a copy of your US passport.
      hi peace is this always nescessary that they will reject such applications, as in like my mother is going with me to US to attend a function and she has a valid visa and a apply for the visa and relative sponsor my trip, my application will be rejected always despite i am studying and why will i leave my college just to stay in Us, because the college in which i am studying is one of the top colleges of india,

Comment

Still have a question

Thanks peace 999 for ur suggestion, I really appreciate it but I still want to know the answer to my question, that is:
        Who should send the sponsor documents to my brother? Myself or my husband?

FYI, I don't have a job and my husband has a full time permanent job . And we both r U.S citizens.

Thanks,
        Dg.

Comment

You should not sponsor if you are not earning. Your husband can do it.
          No bars there, technically. But strategically, it is a negative.
          Last edited by peace999; 01-31-2014, 10:53 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X