appointment for both parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• appointment for both parents

With the new appointment in place, should both my dad and mom get separte appointments or can they group and go together ?

If I take both separately, can they still go together then later on I can give up the other slot ?

I really dont want to take the other slot (other can benefit ) But if I have to, then what to do.

According to the website of the consulate -

15. Can I make a group appointment?

Family members (principal applicant and dependents) can schedule appointments in the same time slot via TTS. However, each H1B visa applicant needs a separate appointment (even married couples who each have an H1B). In fact, the Consulate prefers that your spouse and/or children attend the same interview with you EVEN IF THEY PLAN TO TRAVEL SEPARATELY AT A LATER DATE.
    Does it mean my dad and mom can go at the same time ?

It looks like its possible thru TTS only, what about VFS ?

Thank you
    -Narahari

With the new appointment in place, should both my dad and mom get separte appointments or can they group and go together ?
    It's upto you. If you want both your parents to come then take the ONE appointment for both.

If I take both separately, can they still go together then later on I can give up the other slot ?
    No. Only the person whose name is on the appointment will be sent inside the consulate.

It looks like its possible thru TTS only, what about VFS ?
    TTS site is dead. It's only used to cancel old appointments.

Comment

Its not clear from reply, how can we take one appointment for parents. I couldn't see any feature that allows to add more than 1 person to same
      slot. Pls let me know if you know about this on the new VFS system.

thanks

Comment

Can some one please answer this, I am also in the same setuation. Plannin to call mom and dad. Can I take one appointment for both online? how? (Bombay consulate)

Comment

Take 1 appointment for both parents.

Once you enter all the details about one person, there is a button for adding another person.
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Remember this

Originally posted by immihelp
            Take 1 appointment for both parents.

Once you enter all the details about one person, there is a button for adding another person.
            From my experience so far: You can add your mom to your dad's appointment (or vice versa) only when you take the appointment for the firsttime. You cannot add them after you booked the appt for one of them. in that case you need to cancel the appt and rebook again

Comment

pgar is right.
              Immihelp Support
              No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

I just booked an appointment for my parents on the web...I started the application with my Dad and then when I was done with that , it asked me if I would like to add any more members and then I filled my moms application and at the end of it I was able to print their individual Ds-156 , appointment letter etc...you will hae to submit the docs seprately at the VFS office but they put both the docs in one packet for the interview..So in my parents case both will be called for the interview but only one person willbe allowed to tallk...thts what was told to them...

Comment

Question

I am also currently trying to schedule an appointment for my parents together as single application. I filled DS 156 for my father, DS 157 still not complete yet. I don't see any option to add an applicant yet. But, I hope that there would an option once I finish DS 157 as you guys are saying. Is that the case that I have to finish both forms for one applicant to be able to add additional applicants?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by prem
                  I just booked an appointment for my parents on the web...I started the application with my Dad and then when I was done with that , it asked me if I would like to add any more members and then I filled my moms application and at the end of it I was able to print their individual Ds-156 , appointment letter etc...you will hae to submit the docs seprately at the VFS office but they put both the docs in one packet for the interview..So in my parents case both will be called for the interview but only one person willbe allowed to tallk...thts what was told to them...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X