Invitation letter - help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invitation letter - help!

I have a question. My mom is applying for a six months visa and my dad for one month since he still works. Should I send separate letters to the cosulate for them or just one letter willl be fine. If I do one letter, should I mention that they will be staying with me for six months as in the sample letter or dont put any duration?

Originally posted by pdayal
    I have a question. My mom is applying for a six months visa and my dad for one month since he still works. Should I send separate letters to the cosulate for them or just one letter willl be fine. If I do one letter, should I mention that they will be staying with me for six months as in the sample letter or dont put any duration?

Your mom should never say she is going for 6 months;
    it is considered too long a period and she may be denied on this point alone.
    2-3 months is fine.
    And I also think that one parent ( preferably your mother ) applying to travel alone has a better chance to get the visa than both the parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Raji_karmlaw
      Hi Taco,
      We happen to be U.S immigration attorneys in Chennai India, and have been monitoring the pattern of visa issuance at the Chennai consulate. We find that the current trend in the consulates is, applicants ie: husband and wife, applying together are invariably issued 10 year multiple entry visas. The logic of the visa officer is if u are going for a visit u must go as family. This information is for the benefit of all immihelp members. Pls feel free to contact me at raji@karmlaw for any further queries.
      Thanks for the update sir.
      There are continuing reports of people in this forum with parents applying
      together being denied.
      I guess we as lay people would not know when they start to think
      differently. I guess they need to be more consistent in how they use
      the criteria and possibly restructure this whole system of how they issue B1/B2 visas.

Comment

Hi,
        I probably need to elaborate a little more on this issue. I'm sure there are instances of elderly couples applying together being rejected. The reasons for this could range anywhere from lack of proper documentation, lack of presentation, lack of communication, lack of proof of return etc. But having all this, a spouse is rejected on grounds of having applied alone. It used to be the trend that when spouses applied alone, the proof of return is well established and chances of getting the visa was higher. But for the last month or so, spouses are expected to apply together.

Comment

I guess we can't come to a conclusion as a whole, I guess 90% is all the proper docs, impression that they get & 10% is our luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X