Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exceptions happening

Friends,

I am getting the exception errors when I am trying to add an applicant to the main applicant.

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Cast from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DoubleType.Parse(Stri ng Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DoubleType.FromString (String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DoubleType.FromString (String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DoubleType.FromString (String Value) at vfsus.StateOfResidence_aspx.btnContinue_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEven tHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplicati on+IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
    I have no idea to be able to get around.

Has anyone tried to do single applicants, did it allow ?

group applicants anyone ?

What happens if I take separately for my mom and dad on same day same time, can they be together or not ?

Mom does not speak english but understands. My dad speaks and understands. So can he help her out.

I dont want to miss the appointment due to a webiste problem.

Will VFS office applicants have priority over web applicants ?

-Narahari

Unfortunately, for these kinds of errors, all you can do is report them and hopefully they will fix it.

As this is a completely new system, they still several bugs and I hope they are working on it.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

interesting observation by you

This is the main way they want us to take appointments right. I agree that there are bugs. But I hop this kind of thing to be working.

Now I might loose my place to some one else due to the mistake of the site. If I knew this way, then I would have asked my dad to stay in Bangalore finish the app process and come also.

Does VFS have another entry point other than the web ?

Also whom should I send the error too ?

-Narahari

Comment

Narahari,

So, have u already started booking the Appt thro' VFS? I thought we have to wait 2 full days before the Barcode gets validated. I know a friend who is waiting to book thro' VFS also. But he is planning to wait 48hrs before he starts the process. I will let u know if his booking goes through tomm.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X