Name problem at last momnet - very urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name problem at last momnet - very urgent

Seniors/friends., please help in this weird moment.

Question 1: Will it be problem if ds 160 last name is not matching exactly with passport surname field ? my passport is showing last name (surname) : ABC AKA XYZ. Can I enter only ABC in the ds-160 in last name field?

Question 2 : Also I have couple of mistake in the ds-160. unfortunately i realized at last moments. I have completed the OFC - finger printing. As per process, i cannot reschedule. if I chose "No-show", will it affect my visa chances ?

Thanks a lot for your help and advise. I am very much nervous.
    Last edited by USA50; 02-20-2014, 08:59 AM.

1. Absolutely NO. they must match.
    2. call the stanley center and tell them you made mistakes in the form . The fee is valid for one yr, so they may suggest you some way out.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      1. Absolutely NO. they must match.
      2. call the stanley center and tell them you made mistakes in the form . The fee is valid for one yr, so they may suggest you some way out.

Thank you very much friend.

Now here is the situation. I used ABC and XYZ example format purpose here.

I entered last name in ds-160 same exactly as per passport last name (surname) "ABC AKA XYZ" but they sent me back during finger print process at OFC and asked me to enter only "ABC" in ds-160 and submit new one. Looks like This is really conflicting with DS-160 guidelines. I am very much worried.

If I approach for visa inteview with only "ABC" where as my passport shows last name "ABC AKA XYZ". Will this create any issue in visa interview ?

I have to enter only "ABC" because they are not allowing me proceed with full last name "ABC AKA XYZ" in ds-160. I contacted customer service but I am not getting clear answer and suggesting to put same exact as per passport. The problem is that this info is conflicting with guidelines given by OFC office.

Thanks a lot. I am totally clueless. I never thought about this problem. What should I enter now ? Thank you for your help.

Comment

Surname like ABC AKA XYZ in Passport

Originally posted by USA50 View Post
        Seniors/friends., please help in this weird moment.

Question 1: Will it be problem if ds 160 last name is not matching exactly with passport surname field ? my passport is showing last name (surname) : ABC AKA XYZ. Can I enter only ABC in the ds-160 in last name field?

Question 2 : Also I have couple of mistake in the ds-160. unfortunately i realized at last moments. I have completed the OFC - finger printing. As per process, i cannot reschedule. if I chose "No-show", will it affect my visa chances ?

Thanks a lot for your help and advise. I am very much nervous.

Hi USA50,

Could you please share what was happened afterwards on your re-appearance? Had you faced other trouble after having latest DS-160 with surname as 'ABC'? I also have similar case like you (having surname as 'ABC AKA XYZ'). should I write ABC only in DS 160 to start with?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X