Importance of Affidavit and Cover Letter for B2 Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importance of Affidavit and Cover Letter for B2 Visa

My parents are applying for tourist visa for US. I would like to know the importance of Affidavit and Cover Letter as mentioned in the documents section of this website. Has anyone created these documents and have these documents been of any help to anyone? I spoke to a lot of people who filed B2 visa but no one ever created such documents. Is this a new requirement from the consulate?

The visa office itself does not mandate that any documents be produced. You can carry any document you think will fortify your case and present them when asked. I am saying this because I did all the paperwork for my mom's visa. She is retired from central government service and the only question that they asked her was about her job and pension. The visa was approved. She also had two previous visit to Australia which was a positive. IMHO, these days they do not care much for covering letter and affidavits.

Comment

Thank you, Chris

Originally posted by chriscolumbus View Post
      The visa office itself does not mandate that any documents be produced. You can carry any document you think will fortify your case and present them when asked. I am saying this because I did all the paperwork for my mom's visa. She is retired from central government service and the only question that they asked her was about her job and pension. The visa was approved. She also had two previous visit to Australia which was a positive. IMHO, these days they do not care much for covering letter and affidavits.
      Thank you so much, Chris. That helps.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X