Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is maximum period of visitors visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is maximum period of visitors visa?

I got very close family friend in USA who is ready to sponsor my visa, so what is the maximum period time of visa they provide. one of my friend informed me that they provide it 10 years, where on arrival they provide just for 6 months and they go back to India. You can come any time in those 10 years.

A visitor visa is given based on the interview that establish your ties in your home country. It can be a short duration or 10 tears depending upon the visa officer who assesses your case.
    Your stay in USA depends on the answers you provide to the immigration officer at port of entry in USA. It can be a short stay or a maximum of 6 months. Generally a first time visitor gets a stay of 6 months.
    IF you get a 10 years visa, you can visit any number of times but you should not frequently visit USA. The untold rule is that if you stay in USA for 6 months then you should stay in your home country for 8-10 months before visiting USA again.
    Last edited by ramabalaji; 03-07-2014, 11:58 AM.

Comment

The Port of Entry staff have authority to provide allowable stay of up to a year, though Ramabalaji's response was right on otherwise. In my experience the decision at Port of Entry is somewhat discretionary, with 3-month or 6-month timeframes usually being given, but sometimes as short as one month for "special-purpose" visits.

One of my clients asked for and received a one-year allowable stay for her 93-year-old mother, after the agent first wanted to give a 6-month stay. The mother was subsequently Adjusted and got her Green Card.

A few years back, West Coast Port of Entry, San Francisco mainly, was allowing mainland Chinese one-year stays on a routine basis.

--Ray B

Originally posted by ramabalaji View Post
      A visitor visa is given based on the interview that establish your ties in your home country. It can be a short duration or 10 tears depending upon the visa officer who assesses your case.
      Your stay in USA depends on the answers you provide to the immigration officer at port of entry in USA. It can be a short stay or a maximum of 6 months. Generally a first time visitor gets a stay of 6 months.
      IF you get a 10 years visa, you can visit any number of times but you should not frequently visit USA. The untold rule is that if you stay in USA for 6 months then you should stay in your home country for 8-10 months before visiting USA again.

Comment

If i get 10 years multiple visa, can i work during my stay?

What if i get marry us citizen during my stay, may i get green card?

Comment

Holder of a B2 visa cannot legally work in the U.S.

If a B2 visitor marries a U.S. citizen while in the U.S., a legal basis exists to apply for Permanent Resident status.

--Ray B

Originally posted by shashipanchal View Post
          What if i get marry us citizen during my stay, may i get green card?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X