Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tourist Visa B2, Does Senator Application Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist Visa B2, Does Senator Application Help?

Hi,

I'm PR of U.S & my wife is U.S Citizen. I would like to invite my grandfather to visit us in U.S. But his Visa has been denied twice in the past with (214(b)) & he is trying again for the third time to U.S. Embassy New Delhi.

Now, there is not much have changed since his last year visit to the embassy except he is showing that he is paying for his trip this time. I've reached out to my state's Senator on this issue & he is willing to send a letter of recommendation to the embassy before his Visa interview which is going to be on March 14th.

I wanna ask, how much it can help to get the Visa?

Has anybody has any experience in the past getting a Visa with Senator's help?

Thank You
    Last edited by asp0818; 03-07-2014, 04:33 PM.

A senator letter might help, but the level of help is unpredictable.

Usually, one goes to a political rep when there is a problem. Since granddad was previously denied, there was a problem then, but we don't know if there will be a problem this time.

--RayB

Originally posted by asp0818 View Post
    Hi,

I'm PR of U.S & my wife is U.S Citizen. I would like to invite my grandfather to visit us in U.S. But his Visa has been denied twice in the past with (214(b)) & he is trying again for the third time to U.S. Embassy New Delhi.

Now, there is not much have changed since his last year visit to the embassy except he is showing that he is paying for his trip this time. I've reached out to my state's Senator on this issue & he is willing to send a letter of recommendation to the embassy before his Visa interview which is going to be on March 14th.

I wanna ask, how much it can help to get the Visa?

Has anybody has any experience in the past getting a Visa with Senator's help?

Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post

Usually, one goes to a political rep when there is a problem. Since granddad was previously denied, there was a problem then, but we don't know if there will be a problem this time.

--RayB
      Thanks for your Reply RayB.. Let's see how it goes..

Comment

--RayB
        Do you know the age limit that a person has to go in person for the interview into The U.S. Embassy & also I want to know if a person is required to give fingerprints every-time they go for the interview. It is a harassment for 78 years old person...!

Comment

All interviews are in person these days, except for some very exotic visa types that we don't hear about.

I don't know what the current police is for printing visitor visa applicants.

--Ray B

Originally posted by asp0818 View Post
          Do you know the age limit that a person has to go in person for the interview into The U.S. Embassy & also I want to know if a person is required to give fingerprints every-time they go for the interview. It is a harassment for 78 years old person...!

Comment

All interviews are in person these days, except for some very exotic visa types that we don't hear about.

I don't know what the current police is for printing visitor visa applicants.

--Ray B
            Hey Just FYI.. My grandfather got his Visa approved.. Thanks..!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X