J2 with EAD - Can I sponsor my parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J2 with EAD - Can I sponsor my parents

Hi All, I am on J2 Visa with EAD and is working as a Programmer in US . Can I sponsor my parents . Does it always has to be the primary applicant ? I can show my paystubs , employment letter and W2 forms.

You have to be a U.S. citizen to petition your parents.

You are supposed to have U.S. citizenship or Permanent Resident status to be a sponsor.

Having said that, since sponsorship is not a stipulated requriement for a visitor visa, there is nothing to keep you from preparing a sponsorship packet for your parents to take to their Embassy interview.

--Ray B

Originally posted by paviholla View Post
    Hi All, I am on J2 Visa with EAD and is working as a Programmer in US . Can I sponsor my parents . Does it always has to be the primary applicant ? I can show my paystubs , employment letter and W2 forms.

Comment

Thank you rayB. I am sorry I meant sponsoring for their visitors visa .. Can you please let me know if I can prepare the package for visitors visa for my parents.

Comment

A visitor visa doesn't officially require a "sponsor," but proof of resources, whether by the applicant or someone in the U.S., will enhance the application.

For immigrant procedures, a legal sponsor must be at least age 21 and be a U.S. citizen or have Permanent Resident status in the U.S., unless the immigrant has sufficient resources to sponsor himself.

--Ray B

Originally posted by paviholla View Post
        Thank you rayB. I am sorry I meant sponsoring for their visitors visa .. Can you please let me know if I can prepare the package for visitors visa for my parents.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X