Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa Query

Hi,

I have a valid L1 visa and I will be travelling in 2 months. I am married and I have a daughter ( who has a valid L2 visa) who would also be travelling with me. I would like to take my parents along with me when I am travelling. But since they are accompanying me, I am not sure whether I can sponsor them. I have couple of friends in US who can provide an invitation letter and the address to stay cos I will be staying in the same address as theirs. My parents have an unmarried daughter here (my sister). they own a house here in India and my father is working with the public sector.

Does the person sending the invitation need to send additional docs along with the invitation letter. My parents can sponsor themselves by showing funds in their account. How much should be the minimum amount they should maintain in their accounts?

It would be really helpful if i am given the entire list of additional documents to submitted apart from the usual Visa application process.

Thanks,
    SBS

what you are thinking is all bad strategy and will result in a denial for your parents.
    ( the officer will wonder why ur parents cannot wait once you are settled in US on your L1 ; it will lead to presumption
    they cannot live without you and hence an immigrant intent).

Spend at least a year in US before inviting your parents. I recently read a post where parents were denied just because their son had
    gone on an H1 only 6 m onths ago.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X