Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 visa to visit girlfriend

Hi

I am 25, from India and working full time in a multinational with annual income of about $20,000 USD. I am planning to visit my girlfriend in US this summer on self sponsored B2 visa.
    She is also from India and doing her PhD there on F1 visa. I intend to stay for 10-15 days.

I have been going through the forums and starting to feel a bit low on getting my visa approved. Is it a red flag to mention that I am going to visit my girlfriend on being asked the purpose of visit? Should I tell something else as purpose of visit?

Some more info about me:
    - have around 6500$ in bank balances.
    - have documents showing ownership of property
    - My mother is a widow and fully dependent on me.

It would be great if someone could share their experiences / offer their advise?

For a visitor visa, the most important thing they look at is your potential to return to your home country after the visit.
    If you are young and single going to visit your GF, you are giving them a good reason to think you won't return.
    So no visitor visa with that purpose. Your widowed mother, your property and bank balance are very secondary to your age, single marital status and your purpose.

Your best bet for a B1/B2 is going through your employer for a B1 ( work related visit).

Comment

Hi,

Were you able to get the B2 Visa? I am in similar situation, wondering if I should tell I am going to visit my GF or better to tell that I am going for tourism purpose.

Thanks,
      Deepthi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X