Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B2Visa valid for10yrs- Reentry to USA but not to the original sponsor.Is it an issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2Visa valid for10yrs- Reentry to USA but not to the original sponsor.Is it an issue?

My parents visited USA (New York) in 2011from India in B2 visas and the VISA sponsor was my Brother-In-Law who is in New York as well.
    In their VISA interview in India in 2011 , they didn’t reveal my presence in USA. They only said that my sister and brother-in-law are present in USA.
    The Visa is valid for 10 years i.e till 2021.
    Now they are planning to visit me in June 2014 and I live in SF, CA.
    So can they directly fly to SF, CA as their port-of-entry?
    Will this be a problem at port of entry in SFO, as their original Visa sponsor was my Brother-In-Law in NYC?
    Do I have to provide some extra documents or anything else?
    Any quick response/ help will be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    SP

a 10 yr multiple entry visa does not require that original situation at application always be there on every visit over a 10 yr period.
    So they can land anywhere they want showing tourism. But the fact that they concealed your presence in their original application
    may come back to bite if they will show at the airport that they are visiting you. These days the original DS160 is available on the officer's screen
    at the US airport and if the officer decides to dig deeper ( may or may not happen) it could create problems.
    I would suggest they land at an airport close to the original sponsor mentioning the purpose as visiting him/her. And travel to your place later.

Comment

Thank you so much for your response and time.
      This really helps a lot.
      Once again, I really appreciate your help.
      Have a good time ahead
      Regards,
      SP
      Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      a 10 yr multiple entry visa does not require that original situation at application always be there on every visit over a 10 yr period.
      So they can land anywhere they want showing tourism. But the fact that they concealed your presence in their original application
      may come back to bite if they will show at the airport that they are visiting you. These days the original DS160 is available on the officer's screen
      at the US airport and if the officer decides to dig deeper ( may or may not happen) it could create problems.
      I would suggest they land at an airport close to the original sponsor mentioning the purpose as visiting him/her. And travel to your place later.

Comment

you are welcome.
        But it is not a good policy to lie or conceal , so they should be truthful in future.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X