Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a L1 visa holder take his dependents on B2 visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a L1 visa holder take his dependents on B2 visa?

Hi,

I have an L1 visa that is expiring July 2014. My company in India has asked me to go on a short assignment (<60 days) to the USA. As the trip is short, my company is not sponsoring for my dependents (spouse + kid) on L2 visa. But I want to take them to US on personal expenses..I have the following questions

1. Can I take my dependents on B2 visa? I will be the sponsor but at the time of applying I shall be in India (as the idea is all of us will be travelling together). Is it OK?
    2. In my L1 petition the company is offering me ~$1000 per week as wages. Will this be enough to sponsor the dependents? or do we have to show additional monies...if so, is 8-10 lakhs in the bank account enough?
    3. My company gives me accommodation and transportation....but address for the accommodation (hotel/apartment) is not known. Is it OK? I only know that I have to be in Phoenix, AZ.
    4. I don't know how much insurance i have to shell out for my wife + kid. Do I have to show these docs too? Company will only cover me...

Regards,
    Venkat

1. Yes. OK.
    2. That's enough.
    3. Write to the best of your knowledge.
    4. You should buy the insurance after the trip is finalized. You don't need to show the proof of insurance at the time of getting visa. You can buy it online at any time at https://www.insubuy.com/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X