Self Sponsor vs Sponsorship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Sponsor vs Sponsorship

So, I am a student currently studying in the UK. Wish to visit my sister in the US in the hols for a month and then head back home for the remaining period of my holidays to visit my parents. I have two bank accounts in my name but my father sends in the money to those accounts. Now, when I fill out the ds 160 should I put my self as the sponsor or my father or ask my sister to sponsor me (she would be more than happy to)?

Also, I did one or two temporary jobs during my studies. Should I mention them under employment?
    Last edited by worldx; 04-03-2014, 07:48 AM.

a month's trip to US ; you should be able to afford with the money in your account from your dad. So show self funding, it will go in your favour but make sure
    your balance is good.

keep your main mention as a student.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      a month's trip to US ; you should be able to afford with the money in your account from your dad. So show self funding, it will go in your favour but make sure
      your balance is good.

keep your main mention as a student.
      Thanks for this. Yes, those jobs were mainly done in uni, student ambassador type of thing.

I will get a student confirmation letter from the uni as well.

One last thing, will it matter that the money has very been recently injected into the account?

Comment

It won't matter since yu are a student.

Comment

It won't matter since yu are a student.
          Thank you. Will it make any difference if I submit the form without a photo? I have one which is around 7 months old and have used it before with my student visa. Will it be fine to use that or should i get a new one? Its a bit hard to get us sized pictures in uk.

Comment

I am in India; here the embassy takes their own pics for the visa, the applicants do not have to submit any.

I do not know about UK. I guess the process should be the same everywhere, double check with the embassy.

Comment

I am in India; here the embassy takes their own pics for the visa, the applicants do not have to submit any.

I do not know about UK. I guess the process should be the same everywhere, double check with the embassy.
              I am talking about the digital photo with the ds 160..

Comment

I am also talking about that. We submit the DS160 without uploading any pic. Pic is taken at a special appointment for fingerprinting and pic and uploaded by them.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X