Who's a sponsor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's a sponsor?

I am applying for a visitor visa..is my dad who is staying India my sponsor(yes, he is the one paying for my trip) or will I have to find someone who resides in the US to sponsor me? Is there a call centre number I can call for specific queries regarding sponsor documents? Please reply URGENT..have to fly on 3rd may

sponsor is a loose and an unofficial term when it comes to a visitor visa.Basically it is funding. You do not need to have someone in US doing that, and in fact that is counterproductive if you show someone in US funding your trip.

If your dad is funding your trip ,you will need to take his income documents to the interview and an invitation letter from the host in US.

Please provide more details of your purpose of visit, and who you are visiting in US.
    And most important is your situation at home, what you do ( student/work)

Comment

Thanks peace999! I am a doctor but currently unemployed as I am prepping for USMLE examinations. I have to take USMLE step 2 exam in Houston followed by two months of observership training at New York. Later this year i intend to apply for J1.

So, if my I take all my Dad's income docs along, Do i need an affidavit mentioning that he would be funding my trip? does it have to be signed by notary? Is there a particular format?

Comment

first of all do not apply for a visa for step2cs when you are unemployed and showing your dad's funds. Both the things are negative for the visa appl.

You are a doctor even if fresh, you should be showing your own money for the trip.

It is too late now you have scheduled your test in May . take a chance with your dad's money. You do not need any affidavit. Just his income proof
        tax return or salary slip and bank statement showing funds. even that may not be looked at.

Comment

Yes,I am a fresh grad. some of my friends applying for the same had their parents sponsor them.
          Peace999, I have another query. can i cancel a visa appointment after scheduling once? If yes, How late?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X