Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sponsorship Using non-U.S. Bank Account (China)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsorship Using non-U.S. Bank Account (China)

Hello, I'm an American citizen working in China who wants to visit back home with my Chinese girlfriend who needs a B2 Visa. She can't sponsor herself nor can her parents, so I will be sponsoring her. However, I have very little in my American bank account but I've saved quite a bit in my Chinese account. Would it be possible for her to just show my bank statements from the latter account? And for the I-134 form, it asks how much money I have in my U.S. savings account, so how could I answer that? Transferring money out of China is such a hassle and headache that it wouldn't be an option. I've also done some research and found out that I can withdrawal from my Chinese account within the U.S.

-Luke Lorenc
    Last edited by Luke Lorenc; 04-05-2014, 01:24 AM. Reason: Forgot to add the last sentence.

They will never give her a visitor visa to come and visit US on support from a US citizen boyfriend.

the reason is ; for a visitor visa one must show an intent and ties to return home.
    in her case they won't think she will return.

Think of something else; fiancee visa in case you get engaged in china. or straight immigrant visa in case you decide to
    get married in china.
    Last edited by peace999; 04-05-2014, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Hmmm... that's extremely worrisome. Well, we have no plans to marry or even get engaged any time soon, so I'm not so sure she would be able to support that claim. Also, neither of us intend to move to the U.S, so I don't know how an immigrant visa would work. In terms of sponsorship, the only other option we seem to have is for my father to act as her sponsor, and I have my doubts that the consulate will accept that. I guess in terms of proof of intent/ties in China, maybe she could show pictures of her family, current university transcripts, a letter from the company where she's going to intern in the fall, or return plane tickets. I know, none of them is strong proof, but our resources are limited and I'd like to save money by not going through a visa agency. Luckily, we just recently decided to refund the plane tickets and travel within China if it turns out it's impossible to obtain the visa, but we really don't want that to happen.

Anyway, thank you so much for the help, peace! Both the website and this forum have been very useful.

Comment

"They will never give her a visitor visa to come and visit US on support from a US citizen boyfriend."

Never say never, she got the visa! Apparently they do give visitor visas to Chinese citizens on support from their US citizen boyfriends (that's not to say that they always would, of course). I'm going to post a message about her experience soon.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X