Not enough bank balance - URGENT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not enough bank balance - URGENT

My parents are having an appointment this month in New delhi. My dad's retired but my mom is still working. She still has atleast 5 years of service. The problem is my parents do not have enough bank balance but they do have house, car, property and other family ties.
    My question is what is considered as good bank balance. Is this a risky situation? Will their visa get rejected just because of the bank accounts? Will the officers feel that they will try to stay back in the US. But my mom still has her job!!!

Please HELP. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Good income and financial status are considered good ties to home country
    even if the funding part of the trip is covered by you in US.

Comment

Hi,

I can share our personal experience here.
      My mother-in-law had an interview with the Mumbai consulate last week.
      Since we had provided her with affidavit of support, she was not asked any questions about her own financial background, though she had carried enough proof of her own sound financial background. Its basically handled by a case-by-case basis, so there's no specific reason as to why they ask some people and why they dont ask some others.

In your case, since your mother has a job to return back to, and if her employer has given the required permission letter, it seems to suggest that she has good enough reasons to return back to India. Also, if you have any younger siblings back in India, they definitely constitute as strong ties for your parents to return back to your home country.

Priya

Comment

Send money, you can always take it back once they have the visa.
        Peace of mind. Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X