Visitor visa for 60 year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa for 60 year old

Hi, My son recently ie 3 months ago. got relocated to US from India on a Intracompany transfer. We would like to visit him towards the end of this year. He draws over 120K USD and has got 10 yrs savings with him. He is married and has 2 little kids. I and my wife have visited many countries incl Europe and Australia, lived in many countries for many years , all that before 1990. I run my own business in a district HQ in South India. We have properties worth a few crores and our joint income ie My wifes and mine is around 10 lakhs which include rent, business income and dividends. We will be sponsering ourselves for the trip ie travel exp to and from US incl a weeks break in London. I want to know whether we will have any problems in getting B1 visa and what kind of income/asset proofs we need to take for visa interview. I was told a Networth certificate from my Chartered Accountant and 3 years of IT return should be enough. My wife had a B2 visa taken in 2002 and it has expired now, She used it to travel once in 2003 for my sons graduation at Columbus. Should we apply separately and attend separate interviews or make a joint application

give your son at least a year in US before going to visit him.people are often denied because their visits are timed too soon after their child's
    departure from India. must apply together since you are husband and wife and show that you are traveling together.
    Usually they decide on the income you state on the form more than anything else ; so make sure your individual rather than the combined
    business income is good too. they may not ask for or look at your deposits, property etc but focus more on the income from your current profession.
    for documents you can take your income proof ( tax returns, business registration, bank statements).
    CA net worth paper is not really important but it does not hurt to carry one.
    an invitation from your son, his visa copy.

Another factor will be if you have any other children in India. If he is the only child , it could weigh negatively .
    Last edited by peace999; 04-07-2014, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      give your son at least a year in US before going to visit him.people are often denied because their visits are timed too soon after their child's
      departure from India. must apply together since you are husband and wife and show that you are traveling together.
      Usually they decide on the income you state on the form more than anything else ; so make sure your individual rather than the combined
      business income is good too. they may not ask for or look at your deposits, property etc but focus more on the income from your current profession.
      for documents you can take your income proof ( tax returns, business registration, bank statements).
      CA net worth paper is not really important but it does not hurt to carry one.
      an invitation from your son, his visa copy.

Another factor will be if you have any other children in India. If he is the only child , it could weigh negatively .
      I have a daughter who is relocating to Australia shortly, as she is an Australian citizen by birth. Does it help or weighs negatively.

Comment

In their assessment, all children migrating out of India means you will be a potential migrant too. They do not ask in the form about details of your children, whether australian citizen or not. They will only ask you verbally how many children you have and where they live.
        In the end it is your presentation and officer judgement .
        Last edited by peace999; 04-07-2014, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
          In their assessment, all children migrating out of India means you will be a potential migrant too. They do not ask in the form about details of your children, whether australian citizen or not. They will only ask you verbally how many children you have and where they live.
          In the end it is your presentation and officer judgement .
          Thanks peace999; Few more questions
          My wife's income is 4L and my income is 7L as per IT returns. Will that be enough, Should I show the income separately or combined. Since we are in the retirement age, does income matter or savings/assets matter?
          Should I show my FD and other investment details to prove that I can sponcer myself. (around 1 crore)
          I have also stayed in US for 10 months 30 years ago on an assignment thru TCS. Subsequently I lived in Australia for 8 years on a PR and returned to INdia .I have also travelled to europe and many countries in the recent 5 years as a tourist on my own sponcership
          Should I highlight these to prove I am not a potential migrant. I want the visa 5 to 6 weeks only and I am planning to apply only in Jan 2015.

Comment

your individual income is on the borderline for self funding but combined income is ok. Also, if you mention on the form that you are retired and if they ask you how you will fund your trip you can tell them you have 1 cr deposits. It is upto you.

Actually you can not highlight anything on your own . They mainly assess everything from the form and ask a few questions and then decide.
            your past history of travel will help . In the end, it is your luck and officer judgement.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X