Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to apply Tourist B2 Visa for Holiday

Hi,

I am planning to travel to US from Mid November for 1 month.

I am not sure when to apply for Tourist Visa ? What is the usual "Must enter by" date on the Tourist Visa ?

Regards,

Prashit

there is no such "must enter by" date on the visa. It all depends on the duration of visa you will get. Some people get a 5 or 10 yr multiple entry where you can use it any time in the next 5 or 10 years. some people, who they think are high risk in not returning, may get a 6 month single entry where you can use it only once in the next 6 months.
    Whatever the case , they will cover your desired travel date. You can apply 2-3 months earlier for your Nov travel date.

Comment

When to apply Tourist B2 Visa for Holiday

Hi Peace,

Thanks for your advise. It is very helpful.

Also, on the US Travel docs website it mentions not to buy air tickets and book any hotels, however they also suggest to bring travel itenery during visa interview.

What's the best practise? Can we go without hotel bookings for the interview?

Comment

yes, no need to buy tickets or book hotels. You do not want to waste any money if your visa is not approved. The embassy knows this so they do not care about that. If you can tentatively book a hotel without paying anything, you can write its name on the form to the question where they ask you the place of stay.

About travel plans;, take an itinerary to the interview, it is a positive thing. it tells the officer you are sure about what you are doing and that you will return in a specified period of time.

Comment

Thanks for that suggestion again Peace.

Can I apply for the US Visa now to travel in Nov? The only hurry is that I am getting good deals for hotels and internal flights right now.

Hence I want to apply visa and start booking upon getting the visa.

I need to apply visa for my wife who is Indian Citizen living permanently in Australia and I am Australian.

Comment

Since you are an australian citizen, it should not be difficult for your wife to get the visa. As long as you guys have good ties to australia, like a good job and good income.

By the way what is your purpose ; why are you traveling in winter?

Comment

Hi Peace,

I am coming for a 3 week holiday across US.

I saw the weather is not that cold from mid nov to first week of dec. I know Summers should be the best time however the season I am visiting is low season too.

My wife works on contract. We will show joint account details and employment letters and mostly my documents.

I hope that should help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X