Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on Visitor Visa

Hi All,

I searched for my problem over internet and couldn't find any related posts. Please help me on this.

I am having my H1-B Visa and am planning to travel in the beginning of next month. I am planning to take my mom and wife along with me. My employer is helping me out for my wife's VISA but I need to personally apply for my Mom's VISA. Now the scenario is like this.

My mom is not earning and doesn't have IT returns filed.
    She is dependent and does not have much amount in the bank. Though we had huge transactions on her account last year; the current balance in the account doesn't exceed 10K.
    She has a site on her name.

I want to sponsor for her. But the forms for sponsorship seems to be Valid if I am in US only. Is it possible to sponsor my mom being in India and stating that I would travel next month and state she will accompany me.

Please let me know if there are other options as well.

Thanks in Advance.
    Arun

they will not approve her visitor visa if she applies like that. the reason ; for a visitor visa you need to prove strong ties to India and this way it will appear she cannot live in India without you.

You should spend at least a year in US before inviting your parents.

other very important factors for your mother's visitor visa;

*What about your dad?
    *Do you have other siblings in India or abroad?

Comment

There are plenty reasons for me to state that she will return back to India.

1. My dad and elder brothers are in India.
      2. She has grandsons as well here in India.
      3. There is property on her name in India.

All I am concerned is that the sponsorship stating the she will be in US on my expense. How can I do that.

Regards,
      Arun

Comment

I am sorry you cannot do that when you have not even started working there. she can show her own or her husband's income or savings in India
        for the travel.

But I am cautioning you again, she will not be approved like this. dad, siblings, property is fine but
        the very fact that she is going with you before you have even started working there, will be a reason for denial.

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Just a quick clarification. I had been to US last year and have a bank account there with almost 5K in the account. Will this help by any chance?

Regards,
          Arun Kumar GB

Comment

Hi All,

Please reply.

Reg,
            Arun

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}