Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company applied B1/B2 visa

Hi,

My company had applied and obtained my B1/B2 Visa in Oct 2006 for the purpose of project based visits to the US. This visa is a R(regular), M (multiple entry), B1/B2 visa valid for 10 years. I have earlier used this visa for business visits twice.

Even though the immigration desk at my company had told me this visa can be used for personal visits to the US as this is a generic Business/Tourist visa, I am having some doubts. I needed to know:
    1. Can I use this visa to make a personal visit to the US even though I am no longer working for this company?
    2. Do I require an invitation letter or something similar at the Port of Entry?

Can someone help me clear these doubts?
    Regards,
    BR Babu

Once it is a 10 yr M/E , it becomes a general purpose visa for tourism/business not specific to the original employer.

You can go for your personal visit , no problems. No invitation needed. At POE they will ask you the duration and purpose. You must be precise in your answer
    and must have a return ticket exactly for the duration you mention. And your duration mentioned should be reasonable for your purpose. Like if you are visiting
    a relative , you cannot say I am here for 6 months. YOu must have the details ; contact address, phone no of who you are visiting.
    Also carry proof of your employment back home.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X