Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Others Relative

Dear All
    My Brother in Law ( wife's Brother) living in usa as us citizen .not my wife but I am going to apply alone B2 visa.in immediate realtive column I will mention no , but in next question its comes do you have any other relatives in usa ? WHAT should be my answer on this question ?
    Thanks

Must answer yes. Because he is a very close relative. Tomorrow if your wife applies she will have to declare him as an immediate relative.
    And it can be connected back to you.

Comment

But peace I already submitted my ds 160 and got interview date too, now what I have to do , when my agent was filling my ds 160 I told him about my brother in law she told dont worry he is not your relative she toldwe dont have any column to put other relative name so better to mention you dont have any other relative, tell me some if I edit ds form and resend it again it will not affect on my application ? When we retrieve our application and submitted the new one then what would be the status of previous one Ds 160? Will the previous one show to Vo with new one application ?
      THANKS

Comment

People make mistakes on their DS160 , so it is not a problem if you edit it. This time complete it yourself, not thru an agent.
        And declare at the bottom that no one else completed it on your behalf.

By the way,
        can you give me your background; what is your purpose of visit, is it business(B1) or tourism(B2) . If it is B2 why isn't your wife going?
        Will your wife be applying in the future?

Comment

I am out of india and she is in india thats why she is not applying with me . Iam going on b2 , technically my agent is right on her side , because technically he is relative of my wife but not mine , technicaly brother in law is not my relative,
          If there is my aunt uncle cousin then I must etner yes on other relative but personally on brother in law question my answer should be no ? But I dont know what I have to do there is no classification of other relative.Oh Lord help

Comment

hello Seniors

help me please

Comment

in the form they have defined who all is included as an IMMEDIATE RELATIVE but they have not defined this for other relatives.
              So, it is up to you how you wish to play it. In my opinion, a brother in law becomes your relative when you are married to his sister.
              So, it is up to you.

Comment

the very fact that they did not define OTHER RELATIVE on the form leaves it to the applicant's common sense.( no offense).

Anyway it is not a big issue as far as your visa adjudication is concerned.

Even if you did say YES it would not have any impact on your visa application. the primary consideration would be your purpose, and your ties to home country.

Comment

Thank you very much Mr peace sir
                  one more question . What have to wright iin ( contant in usa ) they asked do you have some on in usa who can verify your identity ?
                  He lives in other state and I am going to differnt one for my offical work , during my visit I have to plan to meets him I will stay in hotel ,, so in this scenario what I have to write hotel name , his name or both ?
                  Thanks in Advance

Comment

you can just right the office contact's name and address under the contact address question.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X