Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will they approve another permiso if havent worked in 3 months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will they approve another permiso if havent worked in 3 months?

Hello Brothers and sisters,

My friend has a B2 visa that expires in 2020. Her current 6 month Permiso I94 to enter expires 7/30.
    The problem is getting an extension or applying for a new one as she quit work on 2/1 so doesnt have any paycheck stubs
    for last 3 months.

Will they deny her an extension or deny her a new permiso when she tries to return in August because of this period of not work stubs?

She has recieved many permiso and always complied and returned to mexico.

Forgot to mention, first she is from Mexico. And she owns a house for 8 years and is paying mortgage still and has the documents. Will that help? Also has parents in mexico.

THank you all so much.

Comment

applying for an extension; processing takes 3-4months and it will most likely come after 7/30 and if it is a denial ,then her B1/B2 becomes void.

also leaving in July, and coming back in august, they can create problems at entry.

Comment

Thank you peace. The extension is not intelligent if its voids the B2. We were actually planning to get married in May this month
        but having a delay in recieving my current divorce certificate. I expect to recive the document
        in June. When I get that and we get married. Can she stay here beyond the 7/30 permiso legally?
        Will she be able to travel back to mexico to visit family and return during the K1 application process ?

Comment

I assume you are a US citizen.

Once you get married, K1 does not apply( K1 is for engaged people).

After the marriage, You can file an I-130 , I-485 for her green card before 7/30 and she will be legal till she gets the green card.

THen, she will have to get advance parole to leave the country and re-enter again.

Comment

Thanks Peace truly appreciate your help.
            Yes I am a citizen.
            Cant believe its $985 for the I485 plus biometric. Will she need the biometric?
            And its $420 for I130. Love aint cheap

Comment

More important is my employment status. I am currently unemployed. Does this matter if we are married? I remember
              seing a sponsor form that asks my income and last 3 years of tax info. Is that only for K1? THanks again.

Comment

yes, you will need an I-864 ( affidavit of support) filled with supporting documents. I strongly recommend you do it properly
                as mistakes can mean more money or denial of green card for your spouse.

Take the help of a good attorney but that will again cost you. or go to USCIS.gov

Comment

Thank you so much for you time and great advice.
                  I believe my past 3 years income is probably too low to be accepted as a sole sponsor for
                  my fiance. My W2 wages were $15,000 in 2013 $25,000 in 2012 and $0 in 2011. And I
                  am currently unemployed and have no real assets except a 1999 car. Yes I am lucky
                  to have a fiance or someone who will marry me 8).
                  Anyway my financial situation would reject our application i assume?, I was reading
                  that you need 125% of the poverty level and current year to date income is 0.
                  Should I try to use my mother as a co sponsor (if she agrees) who has high income and owns three houses?
                  She lives in Illinois and I currently live out of state.
                  If having mother co sponsor is feasible Would it be best for us to marry in Illinois and use my mothers current address assuming
                  she agrees to co sponsor?
                  Many Thanks again!
                  Last edited by Vin Tor; 05-19-2014, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Yes, you can use your mother as co-sponsor but I am not sure if your unemployed status will affect the I-864. Please read the I-864 pdf brochure on USCIS
                    carefully or take the help of an attorney. As this is a very important thing.

good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X