Visitor Visa sponsor with green card but i-94 expired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa sponsor with green card but i-94 expired

I was in H1-B visa and my i-94 got expired early this year, however i have got my greencard before my i-94 expiry so i have not applied for any extension. Now i am in legal status with green card but my i-94 is expired, if i give my visa & i-94 copy for my in-laws visitor visa, will it create any issues? or Should i just give a copy of my green card nothing else. Please clarify.

green card only. when the in-laws apply for the visa, the officers will want to know your current status. That is very important.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      green card only. when the in-laws apply for the visa, the officers will want to know your current status. That is very important.
      thank you, so my in-laws should promptly mention the current status as green card holder, correct? For GC holders, is i-94 not applicable?

I was told to give below mentioned documents as sponsor documents, but in case of green card holder, are these documents are not required?
      Visa/I94 page photocopy

I129S and I797 petition copy.
      Last edited by amarmano; 05-18-2014, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Yes, correct .

Once you have a GC , all those documents and I-94 are irrelevant. They relate to H1b status which you are out of. I-94 has no relevance to GC holders.
        It is only for people in a non-immigrant status.

You should also send a copy of your employment and income proof ( salary slip) to them.

Comment

thank you very much for your prompt response

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X