Travel to Mexico while on a B1/B2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to Mexico while on a B1/B2

Hey there people, Im on a B1/B2 visa on a visit to the US right now and want to know if i can travel to Mexico for 5 days and re enter the US. My visa is valid until Nov. 2014 and i entered the US on 10th May 2014. Any help or guidance is really appreciated. Thanks!

30 day rule.

you can visit canada and mexico for 30 days or less
    and you will be readmitted to US for the remaining time on your initial B1 or B2 period .

Google "CBP ; Traveling to other countries while in the U.S. on a B1 or B2 visa"

and it will take you to the original link confirming my statement.
    Last edited by peace999; 05-23-2014, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      30 day rule.

you can visit canada and mexico for 30 days or less
      and you will be readmitted to US for the remaining time on your initial B1 or B2 period .

Google "CBP ; Traveling to other countries while in the U.S. on a B1 or B2 visa"

and it will take you to the original link confirming my statement.
      Wow.. Thanks so much peace999 !

Comment

Ok, so i went to Mexico on a B2 US visa and came back. This confirms B2 visa holders can travel to Mexico for less than 30 days and come back without any problems.

Comment

Your statement is correct provided you have time remaining on your original visitor stay.

Let us say your original B2 stay expires on 31st July . If you leave for mexico on 1oth July and return on 30th July
          you will be admitted to US for one day only that is till 31st July. If you return on 1st august,you admission to US will depend on
          if you have a valid US visa, and even then you may be refused admission for using your visa too quick admissions.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X