Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studying brother in law tourist visa

Hi,

My brother in law is studying in third year BBA. I want to apply for his tourist B2 visa. At some places I have read that in this case he will be having high chances of rejection because he is studying and he doesn't own anything (property and all) in his home country. Is that true? How to increase the chances of getting the visa in this case and what all documents will be required by a studying person to show his intentions to come back to his home country? My parents in law stay in home country.

Usually young and single people find it harder to get visitor visas because they are the most suspect to stay back in US.

But that does not mean they do not get visitor visas.

No one expects a young man to own property.
    And documents only have secondary importance.
    Purpose , duration requested and parental financial status are important factors in visa success.

For example in your case his purpose to visit sister is very genuine and duration requested should be reasonable like a few weeks ,
    matching his vacation from school.
    Also, if his parents are earning very well, like 12-15L/yr , he can show on the form, that they are funding the trip,and that will go in his favor.

Comment

what will be the list of documents?

In that case, what will be the list of documents?

And what documents he should give from his university or department head?

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      Usually young and single people find it harder to get visitor visas because they are the most suspect to stay back in US.

But that does not mean they do not get visitor visas.

No one expects a young man to own property.
      And documents only have secondary importance.
      Purpose , duration requested and parental financial status are important factors in visa success.

For example in your case his purpose to visit sister is very genuine and duration requested should be reasonable like a few weeks ,
      matching his vacation from school.
      Also, if his parents are earning very well, like 12-15L/yr , he can show on the form, that they are funding the trip,and that will go in his favor.

Comment

Please post this for the documents;
        what is your and your spouse's visa status?
        Are you funding his trip or is he being funded by his parents?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X