Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa rejected

Hi,

I have given B1 visa Interview in New Delhi consulate. I made some mistake but don't know whether those mistake could become reason for denial. Please suggest.

Q1: Purpose of visit
    Me: I have to attend technical training and knowledge transfer from my client (client name).

Q2: Where you work?
    ME: I work with YYYY (Company name)

Q3: How long you are working with this company.
    ME: 3 Years

Q4: Have you ever been out of India.
    Me: NO

Q5: YYYY YYYY XX (Did not understand the question even not a single word)
    ME: Sorry man. (Intend her to repeat the question)

VO: YYYY YYYY XX (Did not understand the question this time also)
    ME: Sorry man, could you please repeat your question again.

Q6: Now she looks irritate and ask whats your annual CTC. (I was amazed-Is this she was asking me? such a simple question.
    Me: The time I fill D160 Form I was getting YYYY (exact amout over 7 lakh) but only after 2 days I got my yearly appraisal and now my salary is YYYY (Over 9 lakh)
    (I thought she would ask me my appraisal letter which i had that time but she didn't asked)

Q7: Are you married.
    Me: Yes.

VO: Look I can not give you visa this time and give me 214 (b) form.

Believe me, I was very confident and well prepared for this interview. My communication is also very good. I regularly communicate with my clients from US, Canadian, Brazilian never miss any single one word. But I am still confused what she asked me at that time (Q5). She had very poor pronunciation, believe me. Otherwise I would surely at least 2nd time understand the question. I didn't understand even single word.

But I think my biggest mistake was the answer I give for my salary. It was suggested by my friend to tell them this also (increased salary). As more salary you get the more chances of you fulfill visa eligibility.

Its important for me to attend this training. Now, please suggest me can I re-apply immediately and fill my new increased salary in new DS160. Is salary increment comes under circumstance change (this is what 214(B) says)

Originally posted by sitaus View Post
    Hi,

I have given B1 visa Interview in New Delhi consulate. I made some mistake but don't know whether those mistake could become reason for denial. Please suggest.

Q1: Purpose of visit
    Me: I have to attend technical training and knowledge transfer from my client (client name).

Q2: Where you work?
    ME: I work with YYYY (Company name)

Q3: How long you are working with this company.
    ME: 3 Years

Q4: Have you ever been out of India.
    Me: NO

Q5: YYYY YYYY XX (Did not understand the question even not a single word)
    ME: Sorry man. (Intend her to repeat the question)

VO: YYYY YYYY XX (Did not understand the question this time also)
    ME: Sorry man, could you please repeat your question again.

Q6: Now she looks irritate and ask whats your annual CTC. (I was amazed-Is this she was asking me? such a simple question.
    Me: The time I fill D160 Form I was getting YYYY (exact amout over 7 lakh) but only after 2 days I got my yearly appraisal and now my salary is YYYY (Over 9 lakh)
    (I thought she would ask me my appraisal letter which i had that time but she didn't asked)

Q7: Are you married.
    Me: Yes.

VO: Look I can not give you visa this time and give me 214 (b) form.

Believe me, I was very confident and well prepared for this interview. My communication is also very good. I regularly communicate with my clients from US, Canadian, Brazilian never miss any single one word. But I am still confused what she asked me at that time (Q5). She had very poor pronunciation, believe me. Otherwise I would surely at least 2nd time understand the question. I didn't understand even single word.

But I think my biggest mistake was the answer I give for my salary. It was suggested by my friend to tell them this also (increased salary). As more salary you get the more chances of you fulfill visa eligibility.

Its important for me to attend this training. Now, please suggest me can I re-apply immediately and fill my new increased salary in new DS160. Is salary increment comes under circumstance change (this is what 214(B) says)
    Yes, high salary does have its own benefits in terms of a favorable B1/B2 decision. But a 7 to 9 shift isn't substantial material difference which can be used as a reason to re apply so soon.
    What was the duration requested in the DS-160? Whats your overall experience?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Yes, high salary does have its own benefits in terms of a favorable B1/B2 decision. But a 7 to 9 shift isn't substantial material difference which can be used as a reason to re apply so soon.
      What was the duration requested in the DS-160? Whats your overall experience?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

==========================
      The duration in US is only for 2 weeks.

and My overall experience is 7 years.
      Last edited by sitaus; 06-29-2014, 06:08 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X