renewal of b2 visa to US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• renewal of b2 visa to US

I am an Indian national. My B2 visa was issued from UAE and got expired in 2013. I have visited US four times during last seven years. Since I am a retired person (age 62) from my UAE job and have settled in India - Karnataka, How can I renew/apply B2 visa without an interview, and where are those drop box centers close to my residence in Udupi.

you will have to appear for an interview.

for an interview waiver the last visa has to be issued after aug 2004 , yours was issued in 03.
    and the post of issuance has to be the same, yours was issued in UAE, and now you want it in India.
    Last edited by peace999; 06-29-2014, 05:47 AM.

Comment

renewal of b2 visa to US

No, the visa was issued in 2008 for 5 years from Abu Dhabi. If so, should I go thru the same process of applying for new visa?

Comment

Ok. But he has to meet the second requirement as well that the post of application ( consulate) has to be the same as the last time.( in india).

Comment

renewal of B2 visa to US

Thanks for the info. In that case I have to book an appointment and start all over again. Since we are above 60 and retired, what kind of proof and documents required to establish our ties in India? Will they not see our previous four visits to USA and straightaway grant a visa?

Comment

It used to be like that before 9/11 . Almost everyone who visited US without overstaying,
            was granted another visa without an interview.

Now, It has all changed.
            They assess your every application in view of your current life situation whether retired or not.
            But your previous record will definitely be viewed in a positive light.

you have to post more info as to your purpose of visit, who is paying, children in US and in india,
            traveling alone or with spouse?

Comment

renewal of B2 visa to US

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
              It used to be like that before 9/11 . Almost everyone who visited US without overstaying,
              was granted another visa without an interview.

Now, It has all changed.
              They assess your every application in view of your current life situation whether retired or not.
              But your previous record will definitely be viewed in a positive light.

you have to post more info as to your purpose of visit, who is paying, children in US and in india,
              traveling alone or with spouse?

Thanks a lot for the info.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X