F1 Inviting Parents for Graduation, Need help in filling I 134

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Inviting Parents for Graduation, Need help in filling I 134

I am on F1 Visa currently and I am planning to invite my parents for graduation ceremony. I am filling I134 and need help on sections 7 and 8.

Section 7:

I do not have any assets to show under this section, does this have any impact on visa decision? what is the best strategy to fill this section without falsifying any information.

Section 8:

My parents are dependent on me, but as told previously i do not have any assets. how to answer this.

This is very important to me, seniors please help.

thank you
    mahesh

what is your source of income if your parents are dependent on you?

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      what is your source of income if your parents are dependent on you?
      I am a 31 year old, and have worked for 10 years . I am using my savings and loan to finance my study here and expenses for my parents in India.

Thank you
      Mahesh

Comment

here is the reality. Most cases they do not look at the I-134 and financial papers sent by you. But they decide on the basis of the info you complete on the form DS160.
        Like the question who is paying for the trip. If your parents will write "son", they will ask what is he doing. with a "student" answer there will not be any further
        questions.

So, my suggestion is wait till you have a job to sponsor your parents. The likelihood of success in the current scenario are remote.

BTW, do you have any siblings in India?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X