Visitor Visa Rejected - Help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa Rejected - Help needed

My mom had visa interview on 10/31 and her visa got rejected because of 214B and 221g.

Although she has very strong ties in India, I have 2 younger sisters in India and father working as manager in SBI.

Questions asked were:

1) Where does your daughter work?
    Infosys

2) Where does son-in-law work?
    Infosys

3) Who is there in India?
    2 daughters and husband

4) What is your daughter's bdate?
    09/25/1979

5) Do you have grandchild?
    Yes

6) How old is he?
    1 month

7) When will your daughter join back office?
    Jan 2006

8) Show me the affidavit of support
    My mother showed him the support doucment snet by me

Last question was
    9) What does your husband do?
    He is manager in SBI

After above question, the CO said that you don't enough support in India hence we are rejecting your visa.

I had delivered a baby boy on Oct 16th and he is 15 days old, my mom said he is 1 month old. Can they figure out this lie?

Also in application form we had mentioned regarding tentative travel period as Feb and in interview my mom said I would be joining back office in Jan. Could the rejection be bcoz of this? thinking that I would join office and my mom would take care of baby.

But reason code 214B and 221G is not understandable.

CAN YOU SUGGEST WHY YOU THINK THE APPLICATION WOULD HAVE BEEN REJECTED?

AND HOW CAN WE MAKE OUR CASE STRONGER NEXT TIME SO THAT SHE GETS THE VISA?

COULD SHE SHOW THE DOCUMENTS TO CO HERSELF WITHOUT THE CO ASKING FOR IT? SAY THE LETTER OF INTENTION, PROPERTY DOCS, DAD'S EMPLOYMENT LETTER, FAMILY PHOTOS ETC WHICH SHOW STRONG FAMILY TIES IN INDIA.

PLEASE GIVE SOME TIPS TO REAPPLY AGAIN IN ABOVE SCENARIO

URGENT REPLY APPRECIATED.

THANKS,
    Rekha

If an applicant is refused under 221 g, it is because she/he is missing a document or some other piece of evidence which the Consular Officer needs in order to render a final decision on the applicant’s eligibility for
    the visa.

Did the CO ask for any documents from your mom? Does your mom have enough bank balance..did they ask anything regarding this? Does she have any property?

Comment

Once there is 214(b) there is no point thinking about 221(g).
      I think the denial reason is baby care.

Can't show documents without the CO asking for them.
      Last edited by taco; 10-31-2005, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Visitor Visa Rejected - Please Help

Thanks to everyone for their responses, really appreciate it.

No, the CO didn't ask any documents from my mom regarding her bank balance or property.

1) What is the way to convince CO that the purpose of visit is not babycare?
        2) Can she hide about the grandchildwhen we reapply for visa?
        3) Is the answers given in first interview stored somewhere? Can she hide about the grandchild when she goes for her interview next time?
        4) Will approaching a lawyer and working on documents help to get visa when we reapply again?
        5) Will it help if this time I apply for visa of both my father and mother?
        6) Will it help if my husband sponsors my mom's visa now?

Please help me find answers to above questions. Immihelp, I need your assistance to reapply again....please let me know answers to above questions.

I need to reapply ASAP.

Thanks,
        Rekha

Comment

Originally posted by rekha_golani
          Thanks to everyone for their responses, really appreciate it.

No, the CO didn't ask any documents from my mom regarding her bank balance or property.

1) What is the way to convince CO that the purpose of visit is not babycare?
          2) Can she hide about the grandchildwhen we reapply for visa?
          3) Is the answers given in first interview stored somewhere? Can she hide about the grandchild when she goes for her interview next time?
          4) Will approaching a lawyer and working on documents help to get visa when we reapply again?
          5) Will it help if this time I apply for visa of both my father and mother?
          6) Will it help if my husband sponsors my mom's visa now?

Please help me find answers to above questions. Immihelp, I need your assistance to reapply again....please let me know answers to above questions.

I need to reapply ASAP.

Thanks,
          Rekha
          1)2)3)..When your mother goes for the interview the 2nd time, the consular
          will have the reason for refusal and important features of the first interview
          right in front on the computer screen. So, NO WAY. You cannot hide anything. Maybe if she says she is going only for a month , it may help.

4) Documents only have secondary value. A lot of the times they
          are not even looked at. But still, a good attorney in US, CAN guide you how
          and what to answer. I'd suggest you hire a good one.
          5) I think father staying back serves as a tie to home country.
          6) I do not think so unless there is an income issue that is different.If your
          mom can show enough money(or her husband's) to sponsor her own trip, there is no need for the affidavit of support and it may improve her chances.

Comment

Urgent Help needed

Immihelp could you please guide me on my above questions for my mom's visa.

Thanks in advance,
            Rekha

Comment

documents

rekha..
              Dont worry, try applying, i say its merely luck. For my parents in chennai they did not ask any thing more. they just asked how many kids u got, she told 3 two in india , 1 in usa.
              they asked for the 1-134 and gave the visa.

they are not sound in property too.

i say its luck and depends on the officer sitting at desk.

rajjjjj,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by lady143
                rekha..
                Dont worry, try applying, i say its merely luck. For my parents in chennai they did not ask any thing more. they just asked how many kids u got, she told 3 two in india , 1 in usa.
                they asked for the 1-134 and gave the visa.

they are not sound in property too.

i say its luck and depends on the officer sitting at desk.

rajjjjj,,,,,
                Raj is correct.
                They will have your rejection reason on record. Please ask her not to lie in her next visit.

Answering a question is a tricky part.
                If they ask what they want, we have to give them an impression that we are answering their question but we have to answer our own answer.
                for Ex:
                CO: How many kids your daughter got?
                Your MOM: One (this answer is HIS answer, see how to say OUR answer)
                Your MOM: They got one grand kid, they are planning to visit Disneyland etc with the little one, they asked me to join them to visit places, I am excited so much to see America :-) (Here you are driving HIS answer to OUR answer)

As I said before, its tricky to answer. (this is my experience in facing interviews to tell about cow when the interviewer asked me about the # of bits in a Byte)

TRUST ME, its not your mom's fault, its the situation at the time of her interview, and the mood of the officer. Never give up, just ask her to try once again, train her to answer what we want to answer for HIS questions.

For more information please see my other posts. Wishing a very good luck for your mom to reach the small grand kid :-)
                Sree

Comment

Hi Rekha and All

I am also in the same boat.
                  My father got rejected his B2 visa due to 214(b). The CO has didnt even see the documents it seems and he refused to issue the visa. My father is a retired govt. employee. Can you reapply in the same grounds? If so, what is the better documentation?

Regards
                  Raj

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X