visitor visa for young ones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visitor visa for young ones

Hi, me and my wife are in US on H1b visa. Our parents have visitor visa and they are planning to come to US with my nephew (their grandson - son of my elder brother, who lives with them in India). We are looking to do visa application for my nephew. He is 15 years old. I believe somebody needs to go with him as a guardian, right? can you guys give us some input, if we need to follow special instructions or some special documents requirements?

why aren't his parents going?

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      why aren't his parents going?
      There is no specific reason for his parents not going. They live in a joint family and grandparents already have B2 visa. so we thought that their experience might help in visa interview. But if parents are required, they would go.

But how would they allow my nephew's parents to go inside the consulate with him, if they are not applying for visa?

Please let me know.
      Thanks.

Comment

"If children are applying, both parents should interview with the child.
        If one parent cannot attend, please bring a no objection letter from the absent parent. "

this is from the US embassy new delhi webpage.

Which means they will be allowed in even if they are not applying. For more details call the stanley center.
        Tips;
        if parents earn well like 12 lacs + per year , let them show funding for the child in the form rather than you sponsoring.
        that will increase the chances.
        They must take the grandparents' visa copies to the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
          "If children are applying, both parents should interview with the child.
          If one parent cannot attend, please bring a no objection letter from the absent parent. "

this is from the US embassy new delhi webpage.

Which means they will be allowed in even if they are not applying. For more details call the stanley center.
          Tips;
          if parents earn well like 12 lacs + per year , let them show funding for the child in the form rather than you sponsoring.
          that will increase the chances.
          They must take the grandparents' visa copies to the interview.
          Thanks for the reply and clarification.
          It should help.
          Parents earn probably around 5-6 lacs per year. So I am planning to sponsor my nephew at this time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X