Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Affidavit of support Quesiton - Account Transcript or Return Transcript -Tourist Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affidavit of support Quesiton - Account Transcript or Return Transcript -Tourist Visa

Hi

My brother in law would like to come to the US, for that I need to fill out an affidavit of support. So for that I went the the IRS website and I was going to just print it online, however, the IRS site gives multiple options, Return Transcript as well as Account Transcript.

I do not mind sponsoring my brother in law to visa, and I do not mind him knowing my income. I just hate the idea of giving him a line by line breakdown, I have multiple business and did not want to mention which business made how much etc. Hope this makes sense. That is where account transcript is useful since its official document, states only what I made and how much I paid in taxes.

Would this work, and does it say anywhere that this is not allowed?

Affidavit of support, I-134 is a formality and in most cases the visa officers do not even ask for it .
    They look at the visa application form DS160 and decide on the question " who is paying for the trip".

ANd if the applicant has healthy income at home, he should avoid this affidavit and show "self" payment in the form.

That said,if the applicant showed your funding in the form , he must carry the affidavit to the interview. I-134 is downloaded from the USCIS website and you do NOT need to send the details of your business income in whatever IRS document this is reflected. Anything showing your yearly income is enough. Visa officers are not
    concerned with the taxes you pay but only your income.
    Last edited by peace999; 07-24-2014, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Peace999 thank you for your feedback! Your tip on marking it as Self payment was extremely helpful! What I am confused about is following: My brother in law can absolutely afford to pay for the trip and he only wants to visit us. So based on this is it helpful to even provide a affadavait of support or is it better to have him self pay without any sponsorship. My guess is my brother in law wants me to fill out the form since his friends have said it will help. However, based on what you are saying, if he has the assets and has every intention to go back to India when would there be a point in me filling it out?

Comment

I-134 is not required if the applicant shows self payment.And it is always better to show self payment as that shows strong financial ties
        to home country.
        But for that he must have good INCOME like Rs. 10-12 lacs/yr.
        One can be denied if one writes self payment when the income is low. In that case he will require your I-134.

So, ask him for his yearly income and then decide. Also, is he coming alone or with his family? Is his wife also earning?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X