Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-applying B1 Visa after 7 months

Hi ImmiHelp team,

First I would to thank you all for your efforts for creating such a nice and helpful site to help the world.

My first B1 Visa request got refused in Feb 2014. Now I am applying it again after 7 months. There is no change in my designation, company but this time I have a invite letter from the customer I am working for versus the last time I had the invite letter from the US branch of my Organization. Moreover last time I had 1 year of experience with current Org and now it is 1 year and 7 months. FYI I have 10+ years of total IT experience now.

I would like to understand why my first visa got refused and what is the things I need to prepare for my next visa interview. Though I was married with a kid and I was already travelled to UK 2 times 2-3 years back. Advise accordingly.

Here is the list of questions asked in my first interview. Feb 2014

VO: Good morning.
    Me: Good morning.

VO: What's your company name.
    Me: (I could not hear the question properly and I thought he was asking my first company name).
    Me: My first company was ABC (I know I should ask him to repeat but I mentioned my first company name is ..., that's why he asked the same question again)

VO: I am asking what is your current organization
    Me: XYZ

VO: So Why are you going to United State Mr Kumar
    Me: To participate in the business meeting and for requirement gathering and due diligence of prospective client.

VO: What's your designation
    Me: Associate Consultant

VO: For how long you have been with XYZ Org.
    Me: 1 year.

VO: You are an Associate Consultant and this type of work is done by Business Analyst
    VO: Why are you (focusing on you) going to US? (Looking at the screen)
    Me: I am going for TEST Client and it's a big client for us. And as database administration I am going to attend the meeting and get the requirement for TEST client specifically for database track

VO: I know TEST is a big client (showing quotation mark on his figures) and there are lots of people already working there . Why are you going ? (looking at the screen)
    Me: Since I am a technical person therefore I am going to get the requirement. So that I could prepare the database Design.

VO: For how long you would stay in US (Typed something)
    Me: My plan in for 3 weeks and 1 week I have kept for emergency like weather does not allow etc. (FYI I have applied for 4-weeks travel in DS 160)

VO: Still 3 weeks are too much. (Typed something)
    VO: I am rejecting your visa. You do not meet the requirement and handed over 214 (b). Requesting you to apply again.
    Me: Taken the passport and 214 b. Thank you.

Thanks in advance.

B1-B2 reapply

Originally posted by jitu1150 View Post
    Hi ImmiHelp team,

First I would to thank you all for your efforts for creating such a nice and helpful site to help the world.

My first B1 Visa request got refused in Feb 2014. Now I am applying it again after 7 months. There is no change in my designation, company but this time I have a invite letter from the customer I am working for versus the last time I had the invite letter from the US branch of my Organization. Moreover last time I had 1 year of experience with current Org and now it is 1 year and 7 months. FYI I have 10+ years of total IT experience now.

I would like to understand why my first visa got refused and what is the things I need to prepare for my next visa interview. Though I was married with a kid and I was already travelled to UK 2 times 2-3 years back. Advise accordingly.

Here is the list of questions asked in my first interview. Feb 2014

VO: Good morning.
    Me: Good morning.

VO: What's your company name.
    Me: (I could not hear the question properly and I thought he was asking my first company name).
    Me: My first company was ABC (I know I should ask him to repeat but I mentioned my first company name is ..., that's why he asked the same question again)

VO: I am asking what is your current organization
    Me: XYZ

VO: So Why are you going to United State Mr Kumar
    Me: To participate in the business meeting and for requirement gathering and due diligence of prospective client.

VO: What's your designation
    Me: Associate Consultant

VO: For how long you have been with XYZ Org.
    Me: 1 year.

VO: You are an Associate Consultant and this type of work is done by Business Analyst
    VO: Why are you (focusing on you) going to US? (Looking at the screen)
    Me: I am going for TEST Client and it's a big client for us. And as database administration I am going to attend the meeting and get the requirement for TEST client specifically for database track

VO: I know TEST is a big client (showing quotation mark on his figures) and there are lots of people already working there . Why are you going ? (looking at the screen)
    Me: Since I am a technical person therefore I am going to get the requirement. So that I could prepare the database Design.

VO: For how long you would stay in US (Typed something)
    Me: My plan in for 3 weeks and 1 week I have kept for emergency like weather does not allow etc. (FYI I have applied for 4-weeks travel in DS 160)

VO: Still 3 weeks are too much. (Typed something)
    VO: I am rejecting your visa. You do not meet the requirement and handed over 214 (b). Requesting you to apply again.
    Me: Taken the passport and 214 b. Thank you.

Thanks in advance.
    Have you been able to get the visa in ypur second attemtp.. and kindly share your experiences in any case? these are quite helpful for us

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X