Pre-Clearance at Abu Dhabi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Clearance at Abu Dhabi

My mother will be visiting me in the U.S. and travelling alone from Mumbai to Chicago via Abu Dhabi on September 24, 2014. This will be her first international travel experience. She has a wait time of 3 hours 20 minutes at Abu Dhabi.

With the pre-clearance system at Abu Dhabi, I was wondering if the time is sufficient to board the next flight?

I would love to hear from people who have had similar or less wait times in between flights when travelling to the US?
    Some specific questions:
    1) How much time does it take on an average to get through the process?
    2) How is the rush like?
    3) Will it be wise to ask for wheelchair assistance for my mother? Will this delay the process as getting off the flight at Abu Dhabi will be delayed if special assistance is asked for? Will a lady on a wheelchair be any help to get preference at the pre-clearance counter?

Please advise.

Thank You in advance,
    Rishi.

3 hrs 20 minutes is good enough a time . Unless there is a flight delay from India.
    I had a pre clearance experience at vancouver canada. It was pretty quick.
    Also , I noted that vancouver pre clearance opened only for the day flights.
    For night flights, it was regular immigration at US port of entry.
    Check about that happening in Abu dhabi if her flight arrives at night in abu dhabi.

Comment

Originally posted by narad.rishi View Post
      My mother will be visiting me in the U.S. and travelling alone from Mumbai to Chicago via Abu Dhabi on September 24, 2014. This will be her first international travel experience. She has a wait time of 3 hours 20 minutes at Abu Dhabi.

With the pre-clearance system at Abu Dhabi, I was wondering if the time is sufficient to board the next flight?

I would love to hear from people who have had similar or less wait times in between flights when travelling to the US?
      Some specific questions:
      1) How much time does it take on an average to get through the process?
      2) How is the rush like?
      3) Will it be wise to ask for wheelchair assistance for my mother? Will this delay the process as getting off the flight at Abu Dhabi will be delayed if special assistance is asked for? Will a lady on a wheelchair be any help to get preference at the pre-clearance counter?

Please advise.

Thank You in advance,
      Rishi.

Hi Rishi,

Please update experience with US Pre clearance at Abu Dhabi. What all steps need to follow and did you booked wheel chair assistance?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X