Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self sponsored visitor visa for in laws what documents needed from my side??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self sponsored visitor visa for in laws what documents needed from my side??

Thanks in Advance!
    In DS160 my in-laws have mentioned that they are self sponsoring their US trip.
    1. They will be staying with us during their 1 month stay in USA. Should i still send the I-134?
    2. My Father in law is working and annual income around 7 lacks and some property at their native place. Is this sufficient income to show in interview?
    3. What all documents do I need to send from my side ?
    4. What should I write in "Invitation Letter" and "Letter to Consulate" ?

Thanks again..

7 lacs per year may be on the borderline for self funding.
    But with a good officer, it can work. Now that he has shown self funding in the form, he should go with it.

No need to send an I-134, that is required when you are the funding source.

Your wife should send an invite on a plain paper for her parents , stating that she is in US on xxx visa and working as xxx ( if she is working)
    and inviting her parents to visit for 4 weeks. No need for a letter to consulate.

If your wife is working she should send her salary slip , visa copy + your salary slip and visa copy.

In reality they may not look at all these documents, but you never know, they can be asked for.

Parents should know in their mind about your and your wife's visa and work details. officers ask these questions at the interview to
    confirm that they are the real parents.

Comment

Thank you so much for the helpful information and solving all my questions!

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      7 lacs per year may be on the borderline for self funding.
      But with a good officer, it can work. Now that he has shown self funding in the form, he should go with it.

No need to send an I-134, that is required when you are the funding source.

Your wife should send an invite on a plain paper for her parents , stating that she is in US on xxx visa and working as xxx ( if she is working)
      and inviting her parents to visit for 4 weeks. No need for a letter to consulate.

If your wife is working she should send her salary slip , visa copy + your salary slip and visa copy.

In reality they may not look at all these documents, but you never know, they can be asked for.

Parents should know in their mind about your and your wife's visa and work details. officers ask these questions at the interview to
      confirm that they are the real parents.

My wife has written below format for invitation letter, please let me know if it looks good:
      "I invite you to visit us and spend your vacation in USA with us. We have plans to visit famous tourist places like Chicago, Niagara Falls, New York. It will also be an opportunity for you to see and experience the American culture and lifestyle.

I will be taking care of your accommodation and food during your stay with us in USA
      ."

Comment

Please Advise.. URGENT HELP needed..!!

Originally posted by heman2014 View Post
        My wife has written below format for invitation letter, please let me know if it looks good:
        "I invite you to visit us and spend your vacation in USA with us. We have plans to visit famous tourist places like Chicago, Niagara Falls, New York. It will also be an opportunity for you to see and experience the American culture and lifestyle.

I will be taking care of your accommodation and food during your stay with us in USA
        ."
        Above one is correct or below format looks good?

"I invite you to visit us and spend your vacation in USA with us. We have plans to visit famous tourist places in USA (like Chicago, Niagara Falls, New York) with you. It will also be an opportunity for you to see and experience the American culture and lifestyle.
        During your stay in <My City>, you will stay with us in our apartment located at the above-mentioned address."

Can Someone please advise us.. Its Urgent, they have their visa interview on Monday..

Thanks for your help!!

Comment

Both are ok. It does not matter that much. 99% they won't look at it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X