Self sponsored,Should I still get form I-134

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self sponsored,Should I still get form I-134

I am travelling to canada to study for my masters and was hoping to get my US tourist visa processed. I have a enough funds to cover my study expenses as well as my travel expenses in US. So should I still get the I-134 form from my relative over there or will the proof of sufficient funds available be good??

I would advise you against the I-134. If one can self fund, there is no need for it and it can go against you.

I would also advise you to apply from canada when you have spent at least 6 months as a student there.
    They can ask for the source of your funds-- if it is parents, take proof of their income and funds, bank statements/ tax return etc.
    Last edited by peace999; 08-02-2014, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Why is it that I should apply from Canada any specific reason for that.The only purpose for applying for a visitor visa is that I am moving to a city named windsor in canada which is exactly opposite to detroit and my brother lives at a 50 min drive in ann arbour. Will the chances be high if I apply from canada and why to wait for six months.

Comment

Young and single people are highly suspect of being potential immigrants. Even if you are going as a student in Canada, the officers will always think
        you can move to US as your bro is already there. What they want to see is your likelihood of return to where you are applying ( ties) . Since you are leaving India, you won't have any ties here. If you will apply in canada right after reaching, that is a sign that you are more interested in US than in canada. The first thing the officer is going to ask you is how long have you been here. If you will apply a few months after settling in as a student in canada, it is a sign that you will return to canada.

Comment

What if I show him that I have paid a substantial amount of fees to study at the canadian university. Will tht work and I should not make an application from here right???

Comment

it won't matter, you can't force facts on them. The first thing they will ask you is the duration you have been in canada.
            just apply from canada after you have settled in at least 6 mo nths. I have read countless posts where people are denied when they apply right after reaching canada
            be it a student, a PR or a worker.

Another tip; apply for a short duration like 1- 2 weeks
            Last edited by peace999; 08-04-2014, 12:36 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X