Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique Situation - Please Clarify

Hi,

This is really a unique situation. My query might be long, please bear with me.

My last name is “jagarlapudi” and my father and mother also has the same last name in their passport.

My brother is in US for the past 7.5 years and his last name in passport is “jaggarlapudi”. He does not have good relationship with my parents and I am the one who is sponsoring my parents now. My brother works for top Indian MNC and he is in USA most of the time. We do not have contacts with him at all.

When the VO asks my parents whether they have any other kids in USA, do they have to tell yes or no? If they tell yes, will they check my Brother’s status and details even though he does not sponsor them? His last name spelling is different than ours. Will it be a problem?

Or can they tell that I am the only one who stays in USA since my brother works for Indian MNC even though he is in US most of the time? I am confused, Please clarify.

Thanks,
    Swetha

Different spelling is not a problem.

Just tell the truth that you described here. Tell same thing as it is. They do understand such things.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

While applying, they should not hide about your brother.
      They can easily find out. If they lie, that will be misrepresentation
      and can make them ineligible permanently.

Like immihelp said, spelling is not a problem.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X