Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refused B-2 Visa on what basis ?

Hi to all senior members and new experienced members,

I need your help and looking forward your comments. My mother wanted to meet her younger brother and his family in Colorado. He is legally residing in US since 1988 and became citizen in 2005 in the same state. I am surprised why US consulate has denied to provide Visa to my mother. She owns 2 houses in Pakistan, I am a only daughter who is recently married and my elder brother is about to get married next year. In short our family is expected to increase and she is becoming more responsible. How did they refuse under 214(b) ?

Visa officer didn't bother to look at any paper except the invitation letter. Mom showed the whole bunch to him where a copy of uncle's passport, driving license, and invitation letter were there. After he saw only these documents he refused to my mother and provided a paper of under 214(b) along with the passport.

She carried property files, bank statements and everything with her but he didn't ask even a single question related to it. We are unable to understand what we can add further in our case to show them so called stron tie ?

Thanks
    Sidra

what about your dad?

Comment

Hmmm

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      what about your dad?
      He is passed away years back in 2004.

Comment

Ok. sorry about that.

That was the main reason.

Widows find it hard to get visitor visas especially with immediate relatives firmly settled in US ( US citizen brother).

On top of that she was traveling alone , that makes them suspect that she may not return.

property , bank balance, adult children are very secondary .

Comment

Ok. sorry about that.

That was the main reason.

Widows find it hard to get visitor visas especially with immediate relatives firmly settled in US ( US citizen brother).

On top of that she was traveling alone , that makes them suspect that she may not return.

property , bank balance, adult children are very secondary .
          It is really shocking how could they think us so tricky as we are just normal peoples but I believe that you are absolutely correct.
          Please guide how she can re-apply because we cannot bring Dad back and the current situation will remain same ever.
          You are genius and we need your help really please

Thanks
          Sidra

Comment

thanks for the compliment.

There is a consular bias against widows for B1/B2s. I have read posts about widows being repeatedly
            denied 3-4 times.Also, I have read few posts of some being successful in 1st , 2nd or 3rd attempts.

*Has her brother filed an F4 immigrant petition for your mother? If yes, when ?
            *Is she working or is she a houswife?
            *Has she traveled abroad before?
            *In the last application , who did she mention in the form as paying for the trip? self or US citizen brother?
            *In the last application , what exactly did she mention as the purpose in the form and how much duration did she mention?
            *What about your family , have you ever traveled to US before or other countries? Accompanying family members can increase her chances.
            Last edited by peace999; 08-09-2014, 03:49 AM.

Comment

thanks for the compliment.

There is a consular bias against widows for B1/B2s. I have read posts about widows being repeatedly
              denied 3-4 times.Also, I have read few posts of some being successful in 1st , 2nd or 3rd attempts.

*Has her brother filed an F4 immigrant petition for your mother? If yes, when ?
              *Is she working or is she a houswife?
              *Has she traveled abroad before?
              *In the last application , who did she mention in the form as paying for the trip? self or US citizen brother?
              *In the last application , what exactly did she mention as the purpose in the form and how much duration did she mention?
              *What about your family , have you ever traveled to US before or other countries? Accompanying family members can increase her chances.
              Your are welcome and trust me number of peoples are satisfied after your inputs otherwise you know how disappointed it is when you got rejection without reason.
              Mom told us the same thing like he was looking quite rude and spent 3 - 4 minutes with her only.

* No, my mom doesn’t work and she is a pure household.
              * Yes she has travelled Saudia Arab number of times but it is around 20 years back when my dad was employed there. She has recently travelled Saudia Arab for Umrah.
              * My brother was sponsoring her trip and he is working reasonably good.
              * She mentioned the truth like she want to meet her brother and specially sister-in-law and kids 2 nieces / 1 nephew because due to uncertain conditions of Pakistan my uncle is reluctant to bring his family here and duration of stay was 2 months.
              * I have travelled Singapore, Indonesia, and other places with my husband but unfortunately not US. Three months back they have rejected me as well along with my husband by saying that you peoples are young and newly married. In my case invitation came from my in-laws from Chicago.
              * My brother has travelled Saudia and UAE on official and pleasure trips but again not US.

Thanks
              Sidra

Comment

You did not say about F4 immigrant petition.

Frankly it is going to be hard for her but she should try again, she may get lucky.

If you, your bro ,and your mother can apply together to go for any major function that may be coming up
                at your uncle's, like a wedding, even if it is a few months or a year away.
                Apply for a short period like 2 -3 weeks on say your bro's expense.
                That is more convincing than going just like that.

If there is no ceremony than let you guys make a trip with your mother to europe .
                Some time later you can apply for a tour of the US , say through a package tour for 3-4 weeks.

These are the two ideas that came to my mind. Rest is her luck.
                Best wishes.

Comment

You did not say about F4 immigrant petition.

Frankly it is going to be hard for her but she should try again, she may get lucky.

If you, your bro ,and your mother can apply together to go for any major function that may be coming up
                  at your uncle's, like a wedding, even if it is a few months or a year away.
                  Apply for a short period like 2 -3 weeks on say your bro's expense.
                  That is more convincing than going just like that.

If there is no ceremony than let you guys make a trip with your mother to europe .
                  Some time later you can apply for a tour of the US , say through a package tour for 3-4 weeks.

These are the two ideas that came to my mind. Rest is her luck.
                  Best wishes.
                  No, my uncle has not filed immigration petition for mom and seriously no intensions even.
                  There is no such event like marriage because my uncle is married and kids are maximum of 15 years old. Let me tell you one thing and may be it can open another window for chances. My grandmother lives in Illinois with my aunty(Dad’s real sister).

We all can apply for US visa together but planning to go Europe will be difficult. Please see if above provided new information can raise some chances.

Thanks
                  Sidra

Comment

she is not directly related to your mother, so I do not know how that will help her case.
                    Visiting brother sounds more natural , still she was denied.
                    Just make a hit and trial .
                    Just let her not apply alone and let few months pass from her last application.
                    Show own funds and show short duration like a few weeks not months.
                    Last edited by peace999; 08-09-2014, 09:36 AM.

Comment

she is not directly related to your mother, so I do not know how that will help her case.
                      Visiting brother sounds more natural , still she was denied.
                      Just make a hit and trial .
                      Just let her not apply alone and let few months pass from her last application.
                      Show own funds and show short duration like a few weeks not months.
                      I had discussion with mom and brother regarding all you said. What you will say about this if mom says she is not widow and a married woman in next application after few months.
                      Your suggestions are absloutely correct and my brother or myself will be applying with her.
                      Please guide how long we should wait. I have heard that during Nov - Dec of each year they provide visas easily. Is it true ?

Thanks
                      Sidra

Comment

You mean she actually remarries?
                        when was her last appication?

Comment

You shouldn't lie in a visa interview in first place. You can't estimate the consequences of that. If they know that she is lying, they permanently bar her from obtaining visa.
                          Careful, and all the best

Comment

You mean she actually remarries?
                            when was her last appication?
                            Peace,
                            Her last application was submitted on 22nd July 2014 and interview conducted on 4th Aug 2014.

Ideal Sol,
                            If you have read my discussion with Peace so you will get an idea how my mom got rejected. Visa officer didn't ask that is she is married or not but as per judgment of Peace widow could be a reason for refusal which is more relevant.

Off course it will be a wrong but see the weight age of this slight information.

Thanks
                            Sidra

Comment

wait till early 2015. in my opinion.

They mainly take decisions from what you write on the form.

marital status- widow. any one traveling with you--- NO. any immediate relatives--- brother US citizen.

these were the 3 factors that brought the denial and they were reported on the form. the officers did not need to ask your mother.

So she cannot write married when she wrote widow last time. Unless she actually remarries. Do Not give false info. it will result in a permanent bar.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X