Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reapply US visitor visa for sister after first application got rejected

Hi,

I'm sponsoring visa for my parents and sister. They were planning to visit me in the US for 2 months in early 2015. All of them applied visa together and their interview at OFC was on Aug 12th 2014. My parents’ visas are approved. But my sister’s got rejected. She got a 214 refusal form. Here is her present situation:

-She is unmarried
    -Unemployed; Looking for job
    -She is enrolled in a RICE institute that is more of an educational institute that prepares you towards employment related areas. They have a regular course length of 6 months, and you get a certificate. But it’s not a degree course.
    -She does not have a bank account or financial property.

Here are my questions:-
    a) If she enrolls in a degree course, and reapplies within 6 months, does she have a stronger case of getting the visa? She would mention my parents as travel companions
    b) If she gets a job offer in the coming months, and reapplies within 6 months, does she have a better case?
    c) Does the time period within which she reapplies matter? Like she is only rejected 6 months back. So the visa officer may think it’s a desperate attempt to come to US? Whereas, if she is employed/ enrolled for a year and reapplies, does she have a better chance?
    d) If she applies alone, does that have any negative impact? Or is it recommended to apply along with parents?
    *for all of these cases I will be sponsoring her since my father is retiring soon.
    Please suggest how we can present a stronger case for her to the visa officer, so that she has a better chance of getting a visa.

young and single will have to show strong ties .
    In my opinion, her chances would be better if she gets a well paying job and applies for the visa into her second year of work
    showing self funding of the trip. Before that if she visits other countries like singapore , europe that will increase her chances.

Another way is going with a purpose related to her subject, work; conference, seminar , coursework etc.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X