Entering with Tourist Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entering with Tourist Visa

Hi everyone. My friend and I need some help.

My friend previously studied in the US with an F-1 visa. And this summer she went back to her country and tried to get a new visa since her's was about to expire. However the embassy denied her the visa because the had a terminated SEVIS record, and because of lack of "proof of return". Now, she has been attending her classes and always been a full time student. She contacted her school about it and I think they said they will send a new initial I-20 to her. But the process might take long and she might have to wait until her school starts just for the visa interview time. However she does have a 10 years tourist visa. So we wanted know if she would be able to enter with the tourist visa (with a previous record of terminated status). Would there be any problems at the port of entry? Maybe she will be put to a secondary inspection? Really, what should she expect at the border? Thank you!

I am surprised they did not cancel her tourist visa when they denied her the student visa.

If she has a valid B1/B2, she can travel . sevis is for Student visa not B1/B2.

Comment

But, what purpose will be mentioned at POE?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X