Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed in DS 160 form - US Visitor Visa (B2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed in DS 160 form - US Visitor Visa (B2)

Hi all,

I am applying to for US - B2 tourist visa. As of now my plan is to just get it issued for transiting through US but I may undertake a journey sometime later by next year. Now, the form asks for

1) Intended Date of Arrival
    2) Intended Length of Stay in U.S.
    3) U.S. Contact Information

a) What should I write as "Intended Length of Stay". (I don't want to write "few hours" (transit time) as intended length of stay or else they may issue me visa for short duration.)
    b) I don't have any point of contact (as in concrete) in states. Not even I have booked a hotel (I might take trip later but not now). So what should go in there.

Thanks
    Nikhil

when you are applying to transit, you have to write TRANSITING. Nothing else. Leave it to them for what visa duration they will give you.
    If you will argue on this point, you will get denied. Anyway , when entering on a B1/B2 ,duration of stay is determined by the immigration inspector
    not by the duration of visa the embassy gives you.

Contact info; just write DOES NOT APPLY.

By the way, have you written YES to the q about any relatives in US?
    Last edited by peace999; 08-25-2014, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      when you are applying to transit, you have to write TRANSITING. Nothing else. Leave it to them for what visa duration they will give you.
      If you will argue on this point, you will get denied. Anyway , when entering on a B1/B2 ,duration of stay is determined by the immigration inspector
      not by the duration of visa the embassy gives you.

Contact info; just write DOES NOT APPLY.

By the way, have you written YES to the q about any relatives in US?
      Thanks for your reply.

Nope. I have written "No". Ok I might clear myself here. So I have to take a journey later in December for sure. But as https://www.immihelp.com/us-visa-ds-...t-information/ recommends writing contact as hotel's address and related information about it. My doubt is just that I haven't booked it yet. So right now, I haven't got any contact or phone numbers.
      Last edited by nikhil.agarwal; 08-25-2014, 05:15 PM. Reason: clarify question

Comment

You said your first visit will be transit and visit on subsequent trips.

So, when you are applying to transit, contact info does not apply.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
          You said your first visit will be transit and visit on subsequent trips.

So, when you are applying to transit, contact info does not apply.
          Ok. Thanks. I have one more question regarding "Present Work Information". So I'm doing my masters from Canadian University. But right now I'm not on active term and doing my internship with an employer after which I'll return back to school. So what should I write in this section. It has option of both work/education. And below two sections ask for employment history and academic history (including present).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X