Visitor visa question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa question...

Hello im planning to visit my girlfriend in the US in October im from the UK so get the 90 days is there another visa
    i can apply for that will allow me to stay for longer?? i can provide proof of funds to support myself during this time.

if thats not possible what are my chances of being able to extend my stay beyond the 90 days?? and when is the best time
    to apply for that extension.

is it wise to say im visiting my girlfriend when applying for a visa or could this work against me??

i have no intention of doing anything illegal or anything that will harm my chances of returning to the USA since i plan to make
    this my permanent home but id like to be able to stay as long as possible on my next stay.

I answered one girl poster a similar set of questions in the fiance section. Probably it was your girlfriend.

Anyway,
    First of all , the visa waiver 90 days cannot be extended.

Applying for a visitor visa, you need to show non-immigrant intent. Simply showing funds is not enough. You need to have stable work/student status in UK
    that you will return to. Mentioning your US citizen girl friend as the purpose of visit,
    it will imply you are not likely to return to UK. So , no visitor visa.

And note that if your visa is denied, you will not be able to use your visa waiver either.

Please post;
    Do you have any relatives in US? On what visas?
    What do you do in UK? Study, work? How would you grade your income in UK? low, mediocre, high?
    Have you ever been out of the UK?
    Last edited by peace999; 08-28-2014, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      I answered one girl poster a similar set of questions in the fiance section. Probably it was your girlfriend.

Anyway,
      First of all , the visa waiver 90 days cannot be extended.

Applying for a visitor visa, you need to show non-immigrant intent. Simply showing funds is not enough. You need to have stable work/student status in UK
      that you will return to. Mentioning your US citizen girl friend as the purpose of visit,
      it will imply you are not likely to return to UK. So , no visitor visa.

Please post;
      Do you have any relatives in US? On what visas?
      What do you do in UK? Study, work? How would you grade your income in UK? low, mediocre, high?
      Have you ever been out of the UK?
      thanks for the reply, i have my own ebay business thats based in the UK and of course ill have a return ticket id grade my income as medium.
      Yes ive travelled quite a lot out of the UK have never broken any visa conditions, i visited her a year ago it will be a year and 2 months by the time
      of my next visit since i was there and returned within the 90 days.

would it be easier for me to fly out of Ireland and do the pre-screening??

Comment

It really won't make a difference flying out of Ireland. Because you have no reason to be denied entry on your visa waiver.
        Using pre-clearance at Ireland would make sense only if you thought you could be denied.

And by the way , if you do decide to use the Ireland facility,make sure it is open during your flight hours.
        Like it happened with me in vancouver, canada; the pre-clearance was closed during night hours, then
        I had to go through immigration in US.

I would suggest; If you guys are planning a marriage soon, forget about this B2 business;
        just go for the K1 fiancee or the spousal immigrant visa after marriage.
        Last edited by peace999; 08-28-2014, 08:41 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X